WT asking people to sell and uproot life to help w/ temporary building projects...

by EndofMysteries 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Why don't the GB members downsize?

Fuckin' hypocrites.

• erbie
    erbie

Life is Too Short:

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is a real education for someone like me who never really got too involved with the inner workings of it all.

However, I did know young couples here in the UK who gave their life over to 'serve' wherever they were needed.

I only hope that they are okay now.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Life is to short: Just like me and my ex-wife. Went "all in" and afterwards the branch offices where sold off for big bucks. I am still in debt, until this day.

The Branch big wigs would only hang out with other Bethelites that had more money than us (basically as you've said people that had a nest egg or some residual income). One of the missionaries had a small yacht (although that was an exception) and everybody would got out with them.

More shit.

• KateWild
    KateWild

What a property scam. WT just get as much free labour as they can, and there is always someone willing to fall for it. A generous soul who believes Jehovah will provide. So sad.

Kate xx

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What saddens me most of all is that they didn't print that they are awash with cash after the Brooklyn sales.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm upset that a family member and his wife are planning on attending the Bible School for couples. They do live pretty simply now,but I hate to see them quit their jobs to go wherever they are assigned. He has a pretty good job now,but was hired by a Witness at a very young age. He has no advanced education. So,I'm worried what work he will find in another location.

Every aspect of their lives is so wrapped up in the religion. They are young and idealistic,and believe Jehovah will provide. I just worry for them.

But,I keep my mouth shut,because I know there is no convincing them otherwise. Wish they would read the experiences on this thread.

The things is,there are so many congregations in their area that need help. I guess it's their way of getting away from family.

• bobld
    bobld

Why did they not re-call the 3500 bethelites that they let go a few years ago.At least these would be happy to have sustenance and covering(food and shelter) 1ti 6:8.

Oh I forgot they used the best years of these one and gave them the boot.They are very selfish and greedy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit