New methods?

by manda63 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• manda63
    manda63

Hi, had some strange things happen this week that have made me ponder what on earth is going on with the man made organisation.

1/ While picking up some train tickets I was approached by a young man with an Ipad of sorts who engaged me in a chap and then asked to show me a New website I asked what he was trying to sell or promote he assured me that he was selling nothing the website he showed me was JW.Org so I quickly said so you are promoting an organisation with a brand name similar to how a Christian would promote Jesus and the Bible he looked confused but then said yes, so I said that I thought that to be quite shamefull, He froze for a bit and didnt comment so I asked is this new symbol a trade mark of some marketting firm to which he said "no We are Jehovahs Witnesses" no one else was around so not sure of the "we" but anyway I said if God has given us the Bible whats with a website that produces snippets out the bible with an Opinion on the meaning he avoided the question and asked me what I believed in so I said my religions leeders dont let me discuss belief with anybody so I obey,listen to them and dont question he said "you have been blessed by J with a brain and freedom of thought to look and question" i said ok but I think its strange that you use a name for God thats perhaps made up by man, blindly follow and dont question a group of self appointed men as well as showing signs of Idoatory to an Organisation that has pushed Jesus to one side, at this he suddenly he had to dash off. 2/ when out shopping I was apprehended by a group of people with a stand giving free literature and promoting the JW.Org website so I had had to ask whats with this name change after all these years and are you a similar religion to the Catholic church which led to a chat about how the Catholic religion is false and how they wickedly have covered up sex abuse! I didnt bite on this one but asked if birth control was banned in the JW.Org religion a lady stepped forward and explained that it was cruel and not biblical to ban contreception I said I had been shown a bit in the bible that gives rise to this ban and she said they(catholic church) dont understand the Bible and use it to control and miss inform people so i replied similar to how your organisation bans blood and birthdays by misinterpreting the Bible I went on to say that I believe the Organisation to be Hypocritical,false , cult like and shamefull how it covers up sex abuse I also got in that the Organisation had totally corrupted its self with its UN membership and also with the sheer amount of false prophecy over its relatively short history at which the senior man at the table politely told me if I wasnt interested in the literature to be on my way and that hopefully I would mature enough to let Jehovah into my heart before it was to late and that he felt sorry for me and the people I obviously associated with. Longish stories I know but it would appear that the religion is moving in a strange path to worship the new abbreviated name,the Organisation and the self appointed men who pretend to be Gods only channel even though understanding the meaning of the bible is at the end of the day just an Opinion and thats why they make so many mistakes and history has the habit of proving things they say not true. in the future perhaps prayers will be "in the name of the Governing body. Amen"

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

That's the longest sentence I've ever read.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Punctuation and paragraphs are your friends.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I set out with every intention of finishing reading that post. I failed.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

Uggh, cant read these posts!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

he ''asked me what I believed in so I said my religions leeders dont let me discuss belief with anybody so I obey,listen to them and dont question''

That's a good one to say to Witnesses next time I speak to them, thanks.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I managed to plow through your post. Some good stuff. I think you get too aggrerssive too fast in your conversation with the JWs. I think you'd plant more doubts by asking "sincere" questions about the issues you have chosen, and letting them try to reply rather than with hitting them with both barrels of the shotgun so fast and send them running.

For example, when they brought up the RCC cover-up on child abuse, all you had to do was say "but the largest single jury award for protecting child abusers was against JWs (NOT RCC)......have you not heard of the Candice Conti case in California?" Spell C-O-N-T-I. Someone there will Google it. Maybe not right now, but later when alone.

OR, with the misinterpretation issue, you could have brought up birthdays (stop -- not birthdays AND Christmas AND blood transfusion etc). As them to show you a BIBLICAL reason for forbidding birthdays. (There isn't one. Plus you can counter argue with Job 1:4 where the NIV says Job's children celebrated their "birthdays" together. (Other translations say "their day".) If they say the only two examples of birthdays in the Bible were the birthdays of pagans and are presented in a bad way (excluding Job's kids), then argue the only examples of dogs in the Bible are all negative too. Do they forbid dogs as pets? Why not?

You can't win the war all in one battle. You have the chance to plant seeds and you have picked good issues to use.

Doc

It's too late for you to edit your post, but maybe Simon will punctuate it so more will be inclined to read it.

• kairos
    kairos

I liked the post.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

manda63, China called, and they want their wall back .

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

manda63

You moral rage will definitely be appreciated by God of Truth. What matters is that someone should speak against untruth being preached as truth. And you have done it! Good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit