KM Scan - Internet Use

by VioletAnai 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SYN
    SYN

Simon, you're not a Jehovah's Witness are you?

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

The straw man:

By saying that these sites help people find marriage mates they are trying to cast the sites in as poor a light as possible. Most JWs (and many others too) would say that trying to find a spouse on the Internet is VERY RISKY.

How many JW sites have you seen that offer to find you a spouse?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

LOL, I know of TWO JWs who got married to someone they met over the Internet. Both women, one is my sister.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I wasted a couple of hours on the Sunday at the local KH. The speaker got into about how we shouldn't go on the internet, associate with "worldlings" etc, etc, etc. He went into a whole spiel about the evils of the internet. The way some of these guys talk to you they figure you have no brains to think for yourself. I o go every so often to keep up on what the Jdubs are saying but the BS is always the same. Seems like the push is on to try and discourage internet use. I just know the average Jdub is still doing their share of surfing.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

18 minutes on using the require brochure to start studies. Sounds like a great time to me. Funny how they seem to want people to know less and less before they get them to take the plunge.

As usual, they have to use their N-word in regard to the internet. God my mind was so numb when I was in, I never realized how completely propagandistic they are. I wish they could use objective language just one time. The KM would have to say something along the following lines -

"There are many internet websites in existence that JW's who do not wish to have their faith challenged should avoid. They are often produced by former members of the Watchtower organization. They are as follows: (insert list)

Their tactics remind me of something I read in one of Orwell's political commentaries -

Political or military commentators The Watchtower , like astrologers, can survive almost any mistake, because their more devoted followers the brain dead dubs do not look to them for an appraisal of the facts but for the stimulation of nationalistic loyalties Opposers are never of good motive and only want to pull you away from God's organization .
  • BugParadise
    BugParadise

Sam:

How many JW sites have you seen that offer to find you a spouse?

This one is a riot to browse through.

http://www.jwmatch.com

~Bugs

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

sites like jwmatch.com are exactly why witnesses should be
    banned from the internet.

• JT
    JT

Bug now this jw will be bombarded by the local bro who know about his or her site to take it down-
    in fact the CO along with a couple of elders if they find out about this site they can RIGHTFULLY and with the wt backing take this jw to task--------

• joenobody
    joenobody

I can't believe I used to sit through all of those "sales meetings".

• joenobody
    joenobody

I was just browsing thru jwmatch.com. I can't believe that this what sisters look like these days. Boy, this is pretty desperate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit