Bible Students Question

by lambsbottom 10 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Okay y'all,

I've know TTATT for over three years. Stopped going to meetings three months ago. I recently contacted the Bible Students. Very nice people Have to admit that I am paranoid about cults, though. I have been told by one of the Bible Students that many of them disagree on certain topics and that I don't HAVE to believe anything to associate with them. I still have much zeal for Jehovah and his son, even after being completely screwed by the JWs. With that being said, can anyone confirm that I don't have to believe anything in particular, with exception to the trinity being false, soul sleep, no burning hell, etc.? I've been fooled once! As I said to one of the Bible Students around here: I consider every group/religion a cult until proven innocent. Maybe not the most healthy but NEVER AGAIN will I give my mind to anyone but God! The Bible Students almost seem to good to be....well ya know! And don't worry, I wouldn't even dream of joining anything for a YEAR from now...if EVER!

I also much give a big shout out to this forum. I officially have successfully faded and no longer consider myself.....well ya know the rest! Y'all helped so much with questions, scans of articles, support, etc. And yes, I have written under different screen names over the past three years (never as a JW apologist, though). Sorry! Had to keep anonymous!

Another big thanks to JWFacts! This site gave my mind the FACTS it needed to wake the heck up, and not just "hey look at these subliminal messages in the WT". LOL

It is good to be finally out and free. Praise Jehovah and his son! May the poor souls in the JWs make their way out and taste freedom!

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

lambsbottom, this is Jacqueline again. I know what you are saying and how you feel about being controled by any religion again. My one advantage I guess was I knew of was a Bible Student/JW and knew they were not like the witnesses. My grandfather was a contemporary of Br. Russell and my mother went over. The black brothers n my area mostly went over also as things basically didn't change. We still study whatever books we voted on and voted our elders into position and voted them out also, as only the cong. knew these men and when appointments began many just let it be.

There is no comitment with the Bible Students but they are strictly bible and can mindblow on what some scriptures really say. Most have higher education however, even in the sciences. I find they don't believe in evil speaking or gossiping about each other. They are rather humble as they strive to be on a personal accountability to God. They believe the scriptures that says he knows everything, but it does not put a stop or crimp in his plan. They don't require re-baptism, you may if you like. They express the way they see the scripture and accept other points of view.

I post here, support sixscreens, JWFacts. Some of the brothers use Barbara Anderson's site for research. I am going to see David Jeremiah in Indianapolis Oct. 23, 2014 and report how I was encouraged. No one will do anything to me. I have gone to another outreach in Chicago as a Bible Student gave a Thanksgiving discussion to the indigent Church. They witness where it is needed to inform not to convert. To comfort and give hope not to convert. Some are conservative, some are not but work together beautifully without a central org. It is truly amazing and I HAVE TRIED THEM OUT. I have literally attended many conventions and facets to see just like you say, they are not perfect no men are but they are a COLD GLASS OF FRESH WATER ON A HOT, DRY DAY. Visit the site and read first all the subjects and prepare to be shocked on how thw governinbody changed everything. Also if you look closely you will see the announcements from this site on our site even some comments are posted by me on the site. I might dress them up a bit but a true JWN will know it came from this site. The truth is the truth. We are all in the same boat, I grabbed me a few paddles.

www.friendsojehovahswitnesses.com Peace!

• All for show
    All for show

Lucky you..... Spouse/ any kids on board? Wish my exist was Sunday that would be so nice. whats some of your fade advice?

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

Allforshow, JWFacts.com and friendsofjehovahwitnesses.com under "Ask Jacqueline" have whole articles on how to fade and be successful.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Bible Students: In reality they are just spouting a different slant on the same old worn-out Bible nonsense. Just because Pastor Russell said something doesn't make it true. If you want to take another dip in the Pool of Magical Thinking, go right ahead and connect with the Bible Students. But, really now.....it's 2014....isn't it about time to live your life in the present instead of relying on a 2000+ year old book to tell you what to think and believe? Come up to Present Time and make the most of the only life you will ever have.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've been fooled once!

Then take time out away from religion and research the validity of the bible first. Is it actually a 'holy' book or is it just a collection of old writings bunged together by some blokes that picked and chose what they wanted out of all the writings they had?

I have made my own rational consideration and arrived at my own conclusions. I'm not saying what you should believe at all. However, if the bible isn't the 'word of god' from YOUR rational and honest consideration then you will have a different starting point.

Just my 2 penneth.

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

Thanks everyone, for the responses!

Yes, I successfully woke up spouse. He/she was actually fully out before me! Go figure! I guess I just couldn't let it go. Last straw for me was learning what Russell ACTUALLY taught. I then realized that Rutherford was the apostate!

Kids are small. Im keeping all the old bound volumes I have in storage, just in case extended family tried to sell them on this cult!

Regarding fading, it is easy for me. Me and my family moved out of state a couple years ago. I kinda pulled my wife with me but it was the best thing for me. Went to meetings here for about a year and a half. But, Elders here are so overworked and constantly move in and out of the halls, they didnt even notice or come after me. Thanks God!

To anyone that still believes in God, please pray for the lost souls that are JWs. They truly are captives of a concept. May we heap fiery coals upon their head with our behavior.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Following the teachings of a hippy who wandered the desert? Yeah, your still in a cult buddy. It's called Christianity.

• Terry
    Terry

In my wandering and seeking years I encountered Bible Students in my area.

Lovely people. I felt right at home.

Then, I looked at that chart on the wall with the Dispensations and the date of Jesus' return (1874) and I realized

this was all the same hogwash. Beautiful, gentle and sincere hogwash.

Deep sigh . . .

Why would I go from Beer to near-Beer?

Why did I need superstition in my life at all?

Couldn't I meet nice people who didn't believe nonsense?

YES, OF COURSE I COULD--but not until I gave up the longing for wish-fulfillment around happily-ever-after.

And that, folks, is when my real life began for real.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Im late to the draw on this, but I have found associating with the "Free Bible Students" immensly refreshing and encouraging. They aren't dogmatic at all and have long since left behind Russells nonsense. Most of the groups actually broke off way back in 1907 with the New Covenant debacle. Christian Discipling Ministries International is still around today and can probably help coordinate where any similar believers may be close to you. No plan of the ages charts lol. Just loving people looking to encourage one another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit