To be or not to be Anointed: it's all a bunch of lies and make belief anyways

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Terry - I say, it's time to nail them up and be done.

I agree....let's start with the GB!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I would think ( if the Bible was inspired ) that one of the very first thing a truly anointed XIAN would do, was to walk away from the JW cult and publicly condemn it!!

They would then be hated.

A good place to find those hated people is right here on this forum!

Being born again!

Isaiah 66:5-8

5 Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame." 6There is a sound of uproar out of the city, a sound out of the temple! It is the sound of Jehovah repaying what is deserved to his enemies. 7 Before she began to come into labor pains she gave birth. Before birth pangs could come to her, she even gave deliverance to a male child. 8 Who has heard of a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will a land be brought forth with labor pains in one day? Or will a nation be born at one time? For Zion has come into labor pains as well as given birth to her sons.

Romans 9:26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’;

and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

who was not beloved ----> hated

abe

• rrb2016
    rrb2016

Never baptized and left the "truth" at age 18. The only "annointed" people I knew growing up were crazy. There was an old couple that both claimed to be annointed. She was crazy. I remember my Mom used to drag me over to their house. I'm sure my Mom thought that she was getting closer to the Big J by hanging around her. This couple had lived in Hawaii for a few years and were obsessed with all things Hawaiian. She wore moo-moo's and always wore a turban and was very obese. She was so "sickly" that she rarely made the meetings, but I remember she had stacks of National Enquirer magazines and was always munching on food when we visited.

Her poor Husband was actually a sweet old guy. I don't know what he did for a living, but the poor guy once fell asleep at a stop light and got rear-ended after work on the way to our book study that he conducted. I he used to call his rain boots "rubbers" and as a kid I thought that was funny.

In later years, she would drag him around by the hand when they would show up for Circuit Assemblies. George and Grace Card were there names. When they died, before I left home, when I was in my early teens I was worried for a while that they were up in heaven and could see all the bad stuff I was doing. LOL

What a crock...I can't believe my Mom has believed this stuff since 1968...

• factfinder
    factfinder

The 1/15/15 w has an article warning witnesses not to partake at the memorial if they are not really annointed. I know it is fake, but the society is trying to discourage people from partaking.

The 144,000 is not so literal anymore, is it?

• bigmac
    bigmac

The 144,000 is not so literal anymore, is it?

god knows !!!!!!!!!

• kairos
    kairos

It's always entertaining when a questionable witness of many years suddenly get their act together and starts partaking.

Then they become the subject of the local gossip. "Did you hear that so-and-so is partaking?"

By far, the ultimate experience of one of the annointed goes like this:

Man abandons his wife and three children, DF'd and goes on to live as a homosexual for 20 years.

Comes back and is now partaking. So awesome!

Clowns.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS still thinks that 144,000 is literal; nothing in writing to say different that I have found.

With the increasing number of partakers, the WTS just say they are not all genuine. They get around judging them by not naming an individual.

Do individual jws judge their worthiness, of course, they judge everyone's worthiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit