How many of the GB helpers are "anointed"?

by Nostromo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

According to this list there are 29 helpers at the moment: https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/jehovahs-witnesses-governing-body-committees.jpg

I wonder how many of these are "anointed"? All the current seven GB members were helpers first and then appointed to be GB members. So if some of the current helpers are anointed, why don't they appoint them? At least Malenfant is anointed according to this forum. Would be interesting to know whether there are others than him. Does anyone know?

• Londo111
    Londo111

If the rumor is true that there will be new light that means appointment to the GB will mean automatically being anointed, it won’t matter.

And if the rumor is also true that they will make the GB number 12, it wouldn't be suprising if they are grooming Malenfant, since they showcased him on the first video on Dub TV.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

yeah, since it's all made up anyway, it wouldn't be difficult for them to convince someone they wanted on the GB that they were annointed all of a sudden, sorta like what happened with Ed Dunlap in the CoC books.

I doubt that they'd actually announce this as new-light though, since it only affects the handful that are groomed as the next GB members. It wouldn't be unlike the WTS to have semi-secret doctrine at higher levels.

• SAHS
    SAHS

As I understand it, the “helpers” of the GB would fall under the “Nethinim” class, sometimes also referred to as the “given ones.” Here is a quote from the 2006 WT, Feb. 15, p. 28, par. 11, under “Walking in the Path of Increasing Light”:

“The year 1992 saw still another refinement, one that is comparable to what happened after the Israelites and others returned from exile in Babylon. Back at that time, there were not a sufficient number of Levites to care for temple service. So non-Israelite Nethinim were given more to do in helping the Levites. Accordingly, to assist the faithful and discreet slave class in caring for its increasing earthly interests, in 1992 some of the "other sheep" received added service responsibilities. They were appointed as helpers to the Governing Body committees.—John 10:16.”

So, with the number of anointed ones not really dwindling anytime soon, it looks like the GB will always have enough “spiritually mature” ones ready and willing to help them – either of the anointed class, or second-best: the good old Nethinim class.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The 1/15/15 w is trying to discourage witnesses from partaking- the 144,000 cannot be literal if people keep partaking.

Mark Noumair was not annointed when he studied with me, so he cannot be now, otherwise the 144,000 is not literal and what he taught me was a lie.

Of course I know it is all fake, but if he really believes in it, he will NOT claim to be annointed.

Maybe the gb will remove being annointed as a required qualification for being on the gb.

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

The GB appointment = annointed rumour is probable.

I think it's very strange that the GB has other non-anointed sheep helpers when there are reportedly 12,000+ of their brothers(christ's brothers) around the world. It doesn't make sense.But then nothing with this cult ever makes sense.

Mark Noumair was not anointed when he was a missionary. They have been using him for the longest time.

He will soon realize he has the heavenly calling

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Why can't a JW realize they're anointed later in life, factfinder? Are you referring to the belief that the 144,000 should already have been selected a long time ago? The explanation is supposed to be that the new anointed ones are replacements for others that strayed during their earthly course. Although if someone starts partaking in 2014 then they would probably have to be a fourth or sixth generation replacement.

• Splash
    Splash

That "replacements" theory was debunked and tossed out by the WT years ago. If they were replacements then the total number left on earth would stay the same or decrease.

The numbers are up 50% or more from the year 2000.

At the same time, the WT also said the new ones didn't have to be longserving - that too is an old teaching. As for fourth or sixth generation, since when does someone's choosing depend on what their great,great,great,great grandparents did 150 years ago?

Splash

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I didn't mean generation as in "a descendant of a previous anointed one", I was just referring to the fact that an anointed one would probably be replaced by someone from a younger generation because they likely "strayed" after some years, probably not after 2 or 3 years.

So if you imagine that the 1st century Christians populated the 1st generation of 144,000, and maybe the 2nd as well, and then things got corrupted and there were no anointed until Russell's time, you have about four generations of "true worshippers" up until now from which to keep picking replacements as a previous anointed one loses his appointment before "finishing his earthly course".

I wasn't aware that this explanation was ever formally rejected by the Society. As far as your assertion that the numbers would have to remain level or drop in order to support this theory, that would only be true if all rejected-and-replaced anointed ones ceased partaking.

• Splash
    Splash

What you have just written isn't taught by any religion, let alone JW's!

You have also given "generation" yet another new and twisted definition.

Are you on the writing committee?

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit