Why can't JW's just admit they've got some things WRONG

by yadda yadda 2 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

"Mistakes were made, BUT..."

x

EDIT: Thinking back, my Dad actually had a a pretty effective intellectual defense of this uncomfortable fact...

...he'd say, "yes, what we believed was wrong, but the whole World was against us, so it was what we needed (to believe together) at the time to stay united as an organization..." (paraphrasing, but that's the gist).

x

As a young guy, I had real trouble refuting that argument.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Pride....that's what it is...and as one of the comments made...."They couldn't handle it". It would be like the earth came from under them, for some of the friends, it's an emotional connection. I have found I have made some bonds in my congregation & would miss them if I left, & come to think of it, maybe that's how many feel. If they did admit it...that would be alot to swallow, enough to choke'em. You notice that most are wearing a badge that says.."JW.ORG"...so now they got what they always wanted....a badge of honor that they are God's mouthpiece...at this point, the GB's could say that God's name is Howdy Doody, it won't matter one bit...they got their badges now....they have finally arrived....

You see, we got it all wrong....they didn't get things wrong..I wrote this on another topic .....They are lead by the Holy Spirit...soooo, the Holy Spirit lied to them, because Jesus lied to the Holy Spirit &&&&&& last but not least...Jehovah lied to his son Jesus...ya follow...Jehovah has seen the new light getting brighter & brighter...that's why God wears sunglasses...because ...Justice is blind...( I just made myself laugh)....

Legacy

• Violia
    Violia

they would open themselves up to lawsuits and that would hurt the bottom line of their business. The WTS is a business and many peoples lives and careers are involved . To just admit they are wrong would be destroying this business and so many mens lives who have built their career around this business. No way they will ever admit they were wrong- they just wait and water down the doctrines and call it new light and then DF apostates and wait unitl the older jws die off b/c the new ones don't remember the way it used to be. They tell the new ones not to even read the old literature , making it almost apostate literature ( what happened duing the Great Apostacy of the 80's ).

That is why they will never be wrong. How many times do you see any business accept responsibilty for their mistakes? Almost never. costs money.

sorry about typos, no spell check

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit