100 yrs + 1000 yrs = 1100 yrs of Kingdon Rule ?

by Smiles 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smiles
    Smiles

Does anyone one else have a problem with the celebrating '100 years Kingdom rule' (1914-2014)
    while at the same time teaching that the Kingdom will rule for 1000 years? (Rev 20:6)

Can the JW flock not do the math? Or do they have their own explainations for that calculation?

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Always has this problem with the mathematics of the whole thing. Asked my dad, "Well, if Jesus started ruling in 1914, isn't that part of his 1000 year reign?"

his response, "Doesn't matter. Eat your broccoli."

• Smiles
    Smiles

Maybe that will be one of new WT revised songs: "Doesn't Matter - Eat Your Broccoli"

• LennaB
    LennaB

Maybe that will be one of new WT revised songs: " Doesn't Matter - Eat Your Broccoli "

Holy shit. This is gold. lol

• gonzobear
    gonzobear

I went to jw dot org recently to see what they said about this apparent inconsistency, and to check out why they ŵere celebrating a glorified birthday, sorry anniversary! The answer was that whilst there has been one hundred glorious years of Kingdom rule this is distinct from millennial rule which is the thousand year period. I think.

• LennaB
    LennaB

It's funny how the Bible doesnt speak about Jesus ruling another additional 100 years. The Bible is the authority. Right?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The original explanation for the gap between Jesus' enthronment and the beginning of the millenium was that it allowed for mankind to be warned before Armageddon.

1. Why couldn't mankind be warned in the lead up to 1914?

2. Why would you need 100 years to warn mankind? Isn't the warning rendered pointless if everyone you warned in the outset way back in 1914 has already died?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Golly gee, my head is spinning!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

neverendingjourney: At the most, the Society could Biblically claim that people in the last days will get 120 years of warning like they did in Noah's day, as a few here have pointed out, taking us to 2034. And this is a stretch because (1) people supposedly lived longer in Noah's day so the ones alive at the start would not all be dead within those 120 years, and (2) it doesn't say Noah warned anyone during that time, though it may be implied in 2 Peter.

• hoser
    hoser

I could never figure that math out either. I guess jeesus' calculator works different than mine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit