NEW WATCHTOWER society image vs. CLASSIC

by Terry 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only weakness to this analogy is will devoutly adherent JWS complain about the new image created by the WTS. ?

Most JWS are strongly regulated from criticisms directed to the WTS's controlling leadership (GB), to openly do so can get a person

talked to privately by an elder or marked as spiritually weak.

In the WTS's entire history when did its leaders make an abrupt change to their operational policies, from pressure from the lower body

of its consuming members ?

The new form of the WTS., is to promote itself via digital media, a much cheaper way to distribute and produce published articles

from its manufacturing writing department.

People now days can download the complete Watchtower publication to their Tablets, read the articles privately, then take their Tablets to

the Hall for the study secession and never have to pay a cent .

I'm hearing now that JWS out in service are taking their Tablets with them and using them in their door to door presentations.

This is the new JW organization and most JWS think its very hip and progressive in their self assuming image of themselves.

" That old and evilly begotten Christendom doesn't have this kind of modern preaching of the Truth ! " .... Says the espousing JWS.

JWorg. is the real thing

• Simon
    Simon

But the best part is still the pepsi logo:

• Simon
    Simon

One other similarity:

Coke, like many corporates, don't really care who their customers are as long as they have them.

If coke had the chance to swap all 200m customers for 220m new ones they would.

Same with the WTS - they don't care if they have a lot of churn as long as they have a lot of new followers. In fact, new followers and some churn is probably better because they don't complain about the old stuff they were taught or any changes in doctrine and they are all new and zealous, ready to work and contribute ... not like the worn out old timers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In fact, new followers and some churn is probably better because they don't complain about the old stuff they were taught.

Thats true Simon newly acquired people to the WTS. haven't witnessed and experienced the many failed predications which make up the WTS's

commercialization of itself . ie 1975 , this generation from 1914 etc.

To new comers its all a pretty alluring illusion the WTS. has designed for newly interested ones .. love bombing etc.

From another perspective the JWorg. arrangement has made it actually easier for JWS in service to explain their beliefs and intentions,

they can now just drop off a paper tract pointing to JWorg. with a phone number of the Hall they attend and leave.

Let mother speak for herself about are faith.

Being a JWS myself I can attest that JWS do not like approaching people face to face, if they can just leave a track in a door without saying a word

thats an easy couple of hours in service, like sitting at a WTS. literature stand for an hour or two.

• Terry
    Terry

I like that term: c h u r n.

Everybody on this site is Watchtower "c h u r n."

Makes me feel so . . . um . . . not special.

At least I was part of the flavor of Watchtower Classic!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When one reflects on the many diverse ways the WTS. has tried to market itself to the public such as people going door to door with phonograph players in hand

or its own radio station broadcasting sermons, or televised talks on local public stations like they had here in the 80's.

Now with so much commercial marketing happening on the inter-net today, its was only a matter of time before the WTS. really started to utilize this tool further

for their own self supporting advantage.

In both an ironic and hypocritical turn of events, the WTS. used to demean computers all together back in the 1980's, now they are fully embracing the use of computers full steam ahead.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Good analogy and comparison Terry.

@Sir82- I agree, the effect is not the same. But, one can only hope that the outcome is.

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

But, Coke Classic has funky sweeteners so I only drink Mexican Coke w/ real cane sugar.

Perhaps we need a Mexican GB w/ real old-fashioned doctrine?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The new version of the JWS gives notoriety and praise to a logo.

Jesus must be looking down from heaven shaking his head in disgust.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Finkelstein: THAT is the new breed of "loyal & faithful" sisters??? They look like Amish without style. What's the matter with these people?

Simon: Excellent observation. Actually, exchanging old for new is the best the WT$ can do in order to survive. I've seen plenty of new CO's arrive at a KH and bash the old time elders for "not moving along with Jehoos chariot" - not noticing that these folks where just loyal and holding firmly to the stuff that the Borg thaught them not long ago.

Terry: As always, good thinking and discussion. Thank you for that. We never thought that we would one day be able to compare the WT$ with corporate brands and marketing ploys. I was raised on "Classic Watchtower" - but Coke is still better than WT.

No matter what they do, they are sugar-coating a turd. No amount of sugar will make it better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit