Can I block tv.jw.org from my internet?

by Emily24 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

Why dont you show them other religious websites or the 700 hundred club's show? The point is to show that this religion isnt special, innovative or unique. Explain why you dont want any part of it and it will be ultimately their choice but they need to be careful in choosing.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

From my point of view, it is a mistake to try to block it. It would only encourage them further to continue to persue it. As a head of the family, we must teach our children to think and reason. Believe it or not, they are very much capable of doing that if you guide them. For example, one of my arguments when it comes to defend my freedom to look at outside material is this. Jesus, the very own son of God, was driven by the very own holy spirit, to be confronted by the biggest apostate known in the universe. The most powerful and unrelentless of apostates attempted to stumble Jesus and failed. Such failure can not be attributed to his perfection or his powers, otherwise the test would be invalid. It can only be attributed to having the absolute truth. Jesus needed to prove that he was just as vulnerable as Adan in order for his sacrifice to be valid. (JW doctrine). So why can't I look at apostate material? If I have the truth and I am in constant crave of it rather than following selfish motives, then I should prevail (Isaiah 54:17).

I know its hard, I get the same feelings when my kids do that. But when I observe them, rather than dominate them, I realize that they only watch those videos as an excuse to grab the ipad (since they don't have one of their own). If given a chance to choose, they rather play video games.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Domestic cold war has got to be chilly. For a long term solution, could you heat things up a little by having a discussion about it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit