10hour BasicPioneer

by hamsterbait 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Agno who was at the AGM whilst posting didn't mention this.

However on a Spanish website it was stated that this was mentioned about 10 am.

Could it be a translation problem? That the Spanish does not literally translate into Basic Pioneer? Does anybody have quotes of that portion around 10 am?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sorry if I was unclear before, but I wasn't at this one, just last year's (I was drawing a comparison about misunderstood remarks). Absalom was at this one. Perhaps that's what you meant

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

I'm curious about this too. Ten hours is the minimum for being considered for any sort of privilege, so what's the point.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just heard about the 10 hour Pioneer from a reliable source.

Doc

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Sadly, some brothers will not take advantage of this privilege that has been provided through a loving arrangement from the Governing Body. What privilege will you be holding when Jehovah releases the four winds upon the earth? Remember the words of Paul who said: "Woe is me if I don't preach the good news." Do not be one of those brothers who will be begging Jehovah for a second chance to be a Basic Pioneer when Jehovah executes justice on the day of Armageddon. By then, it will be too late. Can you make arrangements in November to accept this loving arrangement after prayerful consideration?

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Thanks doc. I am still hoping that your reliable source is wrong. If not then I guess this May be an easy way to get removed as an MS. I would imagine anyone not willing to accept this "privilege " will be viewed as spiritually weak.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bliss: If a bro is a MS isn't he already supposed to be producing 10hrs/month? So what's the diff? What's the diff with the MS title vs the PIO title?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I heard about it too. What a great job at shuffling numbers. This way on the next report they can say that the number of pioneers have increased dramatically. Isn't Jehovah blessing his organization at the right time? Applauuse!

• singlebaby
    singlebaby

I remember being in Elders school in 2011 and the school teacher saying that we don't use numbers anymore to gauge a person's spirituality.

He said, "So the national average of 10 hours or 13 hours or whatever it is at the time you brothers look at appointing someone, it doesn't matter. What matters is, is that brother VISIBLE in the ministry."

So now, you can take all that and just toss it in the trash! Back to the old thinking. THAT IS, IF the Basic Pioneer thing is true.

Singlebaby

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard from a good J W source that this 10 hour Pioneer thing was a false rumour that was not confirmed at the AGM. He said he thought it originated at " a Spanish language apostate site"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit