Letter Re: JW Broadcasting

by pixel 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Re: JW Broadcasting
    Dear Brothers:
    We are writing to inform you of an exciting initiative that was announced on October 4,
    2014, at the annual meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. On
    Monday, October 6, 2014, an English-language Internet television station called JW Broadcasting
    was launched and can be accessed at tv.jw.org.

JW Broadcasting will initially be advertised in the “See What’s New” section, a link to which can be found on the jw.org homepage.
    It can also be accessed at the bottom of all pages of jw.org under “Get Help For.”
    JW Broadcasting has three sections. The “Streaming” section contains 12 channels that
    broadcast our videos 24 hours a day. These channels are entitled “The Bible,” “Children,” “Family,”
    “Featured Program,” “Interviews and Experiences,” “Movies,” “Our Activities,” “Our History,”
    “Our Ministry,” “Our Organization,” “Programs and Events,” and “Teenagers.” Each
    month, the “Featured Program” channel will broadcast a different one-hour program hosted by a
    member of the Governing Body. The extensive “Video on Demand” section will allow individuals
    to select any of our videos and watch them at any time. The “Audio” section of JW Broadcasting
    will contain music, dramas, and dramatic Bible readings.

We have also contracted with an outside company, Roku, to make it possible to view JW
    Broadcasting on a normal television by means of Roku streaming players, including the Roku 1,
    Roku 2, Roku 3, and the Roku Streaming Stick. These products can be purchased online or at
    retail stores.

Be assured of our warm Christian love and greetings.

Roku???

• suavojr
    suavojr

Roku streaming players, including the Roku 1,
    Roku 2, Roku 3, and the Roku Streaming Stick

Rock on! We can get our daily indoctranation anywhere and at any time

I wonder if they own some shares in https://www.roku.com/ company? If you don't have a Roku home, you are to be considred a weak JW

• suavojr
    suavojr

Thanks pixel for sharing

• pixel
    pixel

Anytime suavojr

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

This is all to unreal. I feel like at some one is going to say "SIKE!"

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

It's not really a huge deal to get your shit on Roku. They do it for pretty much anything.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

I believe the WBATS CULT has shares in ROKU...

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

"Roku Streaming Players are an open-platform device with a freely available SDK that enables anyone to create new channels."

That explains why they have a Roku channel. It's free and anyone can make a channel.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Is that letter for real, or is that just a spoof you made up? Because that last paragraph . . .

We have also contracted with an outside company, Roku , to make it possible to view JW
    Broadcasting on a normal television by means of Roku streaming players, including the Roku 1,
    Roku 2, Roku 3, and the Roku Streaming Stick. These products can be purchased online or at
    retail stores.

. . . screams of sacrilegious commercialization. Why is Jehovah's Organization (TM) having a contract with a worldly company and even advertising them to JWs in a letter sent to congregations? I can see Jesus making a whip to beat the members of the GB while saying: 'Stop making my Father's house into a market for Roku!'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Only JW drones will watch the broadcast. No one else will even pay it a thought!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit