tv.jw.org Female Presenters?

by jw07 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Remember when the piano players were banned? Why? Borg didn't want "glory" given to one person in the congregation. In every congregation I attended, we had a female piano player. It was a bright spot, to have live music. Oh, but the Governing Body thought dronned in elevator music was better to sing to.

My theory is that some elder's wife didn't like the piano player because she was envious. Perhaps the pianist was hot. Perhaps it was the 4 minutes of glory that the elder's wife hated. So, the elder had some pull and stopped the pianists. Likewise, letting a female talk directly to the screen... no way. Perhaps as a Bible Study as done in the Theocratic Ministry, maybe. Or, showing a woman washing the dishes or accompanying her husband and neatly dressed JW family to the KH, yes.

JWs don't like popular, thought provoking women. See Barbara Anderson.

• blondie
    blondie

I was the piano player..........but I needed a backup; one sister had been doing it for years and the other was forced to do it by her elder husband and hated it.

The days of people having musical skills was dropping off. The WTS had records, then tapes, then CDs. People learned to sing to canned music at the KH, circuit and district assemblies.

No big conspiracy overall. At times the sound system would break down and we still had the piano; so I played. Many jws found out that walking down the aisle to canned music was next to impossible so I had to play for several weddings over the next few years.

It was an official directive from the WTS....use the recorded music, source of money for the WTS until 1990. The orchestras at the conventions were disbanded. There were some hissy fits, but between brothers as to who would conduct.

I attended a circuit assembly near the "Farm" and their a brother played atrociously...he would be a reason to use canned music.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They will be mere eye candy, sharing a table with a penis- toter.

BILLY- JOE: Soo, what's the next item Candi?

CANDI: Well Billy- Joe, it's a great item about a single mother, pious-sneering with ten children. She lost her arms and legs to leprosy - but let 's hear Jim-Bob Ootabooloo, an eldugh in the Shimmy Shangaville congregation tell us about this...

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

Women may give demonstrations of sorts, but to be a host of one of the segments...No, it will never happen.

• Listener
    Listener

4thGen, I am curious about the video's from 'On the scene with Brooklyn'. I doubt that they were made by jw org but it is very likely that it had the backing of the Covention overseer.

Comments are disabled, which is no surprise but i made a comment on one of her other video's. It was spotted by a JW who replied. This is the conversation so far and has not been deleted yet.

I saw your convention video and I thought for a moment that you may have been a JW but after seeing your other video's I was wondering if you are or aren't. Some of your clothes are very revealing and low cut, I was personally counselled by the Elders about my clothes when I was 18 and they were nowhere near as revealing as yours. Have things changed and the moral standards just slipped?

Read more Show less

Reply · View all 2 replies blueh2obender 1 week ago That's a personal question that should have been ask in a more polite and tactful manner if not at all. As a witness myself i feel that your question was confrontational, please in future keep your opinion about others clothing choices and moral choices to yourself. Do you not listen to meetings to be peaceful, polite and kind Christians. Keep in mind this is the internet and everyone will see your comments, would this be something you ask a stranger that walked into a kingdom hall? Our conduct everywhere reflects ultimately on Jehovah's name, think before you act.
    Proverbs 27:11 "Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me." Read more Show less Reply · RiverDanube 16 hours ago + blueh2obender I asked a question about the moral standards in the Kingdom Hall and you reply that this is a personal question. That is quite strange as the congregations do set standards for dress. One of the Governing Body members just gave a talk in France deriding some of the brothers for wearing fashionable tight pants. My question is not out of line at all. This is a public website and is accessed by many people and most JWs who present themselves on these video's would reflect on their clothing and moral choices as they understand that their conduct reflects ultimately on Jehovah's name.
    There is nothing wrong with me expressing an opinion about someone's clothing. I cannot see how I was not polite or tactful As a matter of fact, I like her clothes, they are very modern and revealing, without being tacky. You have jumped to some weird conclusions, is this normal behaviour of the JWs?. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ZEfDFhTbU

• smiddy
    smiddy

Yet female lawyers can be used in a court of law to defend the WTB&TS.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit