tv.jw.org Female Presenters?

by jw07 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

Forget the token respect that the Watchtower Society shows to women mainly in just words. Yesterday's Watchtower study article is an example: Feel good words about how much women are valued, while at the same time the reality is that they can never hold positions of authority.

A woman can never be a ministerial servant, elder, circuit overseer, co-ordinator of the body of elders, zone overseer, governing body helper etc etc.

In Watchtower land women aren't supposed to have instructional roles. With that being said.

Do you think there will be segments hosted / narrated by females? If not, how do you think the outside world will view that backward state of affairs?

• pixel
    pixel

I would love to see some good looking women presenting on their new "tv", but I guess I will only be able to watch Crazy Lett. Go figure...

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

It will never happen. Ever. Nobody outside the upper echelon, meaning the GB and their so called helpers, will get a sniff of air time.

• sir82
    sir82

A woman speaking directly to the audience (via the camera)? Nope, never in a million years.

Conceivably they might be in a "The View" type of discussion, though.

• Terry
    Terry

Don't be too sure!

You can be very very surprised by how the GB reacts to adverse criticism.

Criticism has been behind every single change in doctrine and teaching throughout the history of the denomination.

These men are very insecure, and will stop at nothing to staunch criticism.

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

There have been women used in morning worship for a long time. These will be aired. And I forsee messages geared toward sisters that will be delivered by woman. So ya, there will be woman.

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Actually, let me revise and extend my remarks to echo a bit of what Sir82 said. Never, ever ever ever, will they directly address the camera, meaning the audience. Ever. Never.

HOWEVER, i could eventually see them being used in "demonstration" capacity, meaning reinacting situations that call for a woman, like a housekeeper or a maid or on a bible study. Perhaps also being interviewed in 'life story' setting, especially GB wives.

But absolutly never, ever ever ever never would they be seen as "teaching", that is speaking to the camera. As much as i respect you terry, NEVER ever never. Will.not.happen.

• pixel
    pixel

So ya, there will be woman.

Hopefully will be a hotty one

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Greenhorn, a small point of clarification. Women have never been "used" during morning worship. They have been allowed to comment, but thats viewed the same as commenting at the WT study. They have never and will never be allowed to teach, which is what "being used" means in dubbie speak.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Yes, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Almost every news type broadcast, even religious ones are done with at least two people and preferably ones of opposite sex.

This is how 700 Club does it. The only shows where it is just one person talking to the audience are shows where the anchor has a personality that can hold the audience i.e. John Oliver, Bill O'Reilly, Stephen Colbert, Jon Stewart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit