Dr. Bethea-Jackson

by drahcir yarrum 22 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

EXCUSE ME!!!! I was alive and kicking 18-20 years ago and I didn't need a fucking study to clue me into the idea that sexually abusing children was harmful. Harmful immediately and harmful in the long term. People weren't standing around with puzzled looks on their faces when their child was molested by some pedophile sicko.

I had children then and I can assure you that if it had happened to my kids, and I don't think it ever did, the pervert who did it wouldn't have made it through a lengthy and costly trial. In fact, I remember a case in the mid 80's where a man out west, who's son had been molested by a camp counseler, waited for the handcuffed bastard after his trial as they were transporting him to prison via the airport, and blew the guys brains out with a pistol. Obviously, this guy thought the damage to his son was serious.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

EAT S**T.

Do you think if you tried, you could be any less contributory to tis board and its sicial and culteural issues?

ANY LESS HELPFUL AT ALL?

BEFORE YOU TRY AND REMOVE THE STICK FROM MY ARSE, REMOVE THE TELEPHONE POLE FROM YOUR OWN ARSE.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Dungbeetle:

This is a public opinion board. I will post what I want, when I want and if you don't like it you can stick it right up your sorry ass.

In the meantime, have a happy memorial day, you putz!

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

drahcir, I totally agree with your feelings on this. When I listened to the VNR shown on the JW-Media site I was so angry that I wrote a letter to fax to the Office of Public Information for the JW's. I also included quotes from their publications that contradicted the Dr. stating that 18-20 ago there was not the "body of knowledge" on this subject.

At the time that I had listened to this pile of crap, I was not aware that they had 2 other VNR's on this subject. I found them yesterday. I went to the main page * http://www.jw-media.org/ and then clicking on the VNR link it takes you to the page that has the 3 VNR's relating to this subject.

It is appalling the things they are releasing. We are aware that Dr. Gail Bethea-Jackson states that 18-20 years ago we didn't have the "body of knowledge...to say that this is something that will harm your child emotionally..." First off...the woman is wrong! Second of all I don't understand their PR department when the first VNR with J.R. Brown refutes that idea.

J.R. Brown in his little VNR states:

When we speak of child abuse, we have to look at society as a shole. This has been a burning issue in the last 20 or 30 years. And so society in general has been, more or less, plagued with this problem. And all sorts of organizations and agencies are grappling with how to best handle this.
    How can they put out 2 VNR's that contradict themselves?

I did notice that in the beginning of his little "snow job" he stated:

And over the past 10-15 years, we've published numerous articles and other materials, especailly for the elders, telling them what needs to be done to help those who have been victimized in this way.
    I guess they started out trying to get the two to back each other up, but got lost in their same old tactics before they could finish a 2 and a half minute cover up. I guess they forget that over 20 years ago they mentioned it in articles, but forgot that saying this has been a burning issue for 20-30 years also makes the 2 VNR's not come together as they should.
  • Scully
    Scully
    The Progressive Understanding of Child Abuse for Society in General
    Dr. Bethea-Jackson:
    I don't think, 18 or 20 years ago, we knew much of anything about pedophiles. It wasn't really looked at as a criminal matter. We didn't publicize it as being an act that needed some criminal intervention, so to speak. We didn't look at it . . . or it wasn't . . . people didn't have the body of knowledge 18 or 20 years ago to say that this is something that will harm your child emotionally, if you don't address it. Parents didn't know the seriousness, 18 or 20 years ago, and the long-term effects. And as people document the work that they've done, some successes and their failures, that some of that early work did not get to the public. I mean, it was in some New England journal somewhere. But certainly it was in the process of being looked at and studied. That information was not released. We weren't taught that in school. I went to one of the most prestigious social-work schools, at that time, in the country and in all of my studying, we didn't have a course in child abuse.

I suppose all the various forms of incest that were mentioned in Leviticus chapter 18 couldn't have POSSIBLY clued them in to what just might be inappropriate....

You people must not come near, any man of you, to any close fleshly relative of his to lay bare nakedness. I am Jehovah. The nakedness of your father and the nakedness of your mother you must not lay bare. She is your mother. You must not lay bare her nakedness.

The nakedness of your father's wife you must not lay bare. It is your father's nakedness.

As for the nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father or the daughter of your mother, whether born in the same household or outside it, you must not lay bare their nakedness.

As for the nakedness of your son or the daughter of your daughter, you must not lay bare their nakedness, because they are your nakedness.

As for the nakedness of the daughter of your father's wife, the offspring of your father, she being your sister, you must not lay bare her nakedness.

The nakedness of your father's sister you must not lay bare. She is the blood relation of your father.

The nakedness of your mother's sister you must not lay bare. She is the blood relation of your mother.

The nakedness of your father's brother you must not lay bare. You must not come near his wife. She is your aunt.

The nakedness of your daughter-in-law you must not lay bare. She is your son's wife. You must not lay her nakedness bare.

The nakedness of your brother's wife you must not lay bare. It is your brother's nakedness.

The nakedness of a woman and her daughter you must not lay bare. The daugther of her son and the daughter of her daughter you must not take in order to lay her nakedness bare. They are cases of blood relationship. It is loose conduct.

And you must not take a woman in addition to her sister as a rival in order to uncover her nakedness, that is, besides her during her lifetime.

- Leviticus 18:6-18
    What part of that does the Organization and the elders who represent it NOT understand???

Sure does look like the "Mother" of all JWs is going to have her ass laid bare tomorrow night!!

Love, Scully

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Dazed:

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I'm not sure what upset Dungbeetle about my comment, but obviously something did.

I would like to take a moment to comment about some of the people who post here, like Dungbeetle. First of all, I believe this forum serves a very valuable and useful purpose for those who have only recently had doubts about their involvement with the WTS or have recently separated themselves from it.

I noticed when I first posted here last summer, there were some self appointed forum elders who, for motives of their own, chose to criticize my comments and the comments of others. Many of those self righteous pricks have left the forum. To disagree with someone and clearly state the reasons for your disagreement is a valid exercise of use in any forum. But to cast aspersions on ones motives, or to personally attack them is a reflection of a fecal personality.

I believe this is simply a carry over of the ignorant, know-it-all attitude engendered by many years as a Jehovah's Witness. Being critical of others is certainly an admired attribute in the borg. What I would like to remind many former JW's, except those raised in it, is that being hoodwinked by the Witnesses is not something to be proud of. In fact, it may even reflect some deep seeded character flaws that will manifest themselves in other ways throughout ones life. I am not suggesting that this is the case with all former Witnesses, but certainly it seems to apply to many I see commenting here.

I still enjoy reading comments here and though I post much less frequently than I used to, I will continue to visit. So, to Dungbeetle and any others who have risen to the rank of forum elder, please kiss my ass.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello :o)

First question: is Gail Bethea-Jackson a doctor? I can't find any reference to her being a doctor.

Second question: as Ms Bethea-Jackson's speciality appears to be young teenage sexual offenders, was she actually talking on that subject (if you re-listen to the first couple of sentences, she might be talking about the parents of the young offenders as she is interested in tackling the problems which produce paedophiles), whilst the WTBTS attributed her comments to the whole gamut of paedophilia.....?

Third question: Given that Governors of schools in the UK are offered (and have been for many years) courses on child abuse, how could *one of the most prestigious schools in the country* which was training social workers in the USA (and you guys are always ahead of us ;o) ), NOT even mention such a topic? I find this absolutely incredible!

How could the WTBTS produce such contradictory statements as they have in these videos and expect the general public not to notice the ....erm....*discrepancies*!

• patio34
    patio34

Pat scratching her head wondering why Dungbeetle blasted drahcir yarrum . . .

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

Good catch christian. I decided to make a search on Gail Bethea-Jackson. I guess I fell (again) into the "belief" everything the WTS prints or says is true.

On the site for the VNR, the site says:

Dr. Gail Bethea-Jackson, LCSW-C, B.C.D., specializing in victimization, children and adolescent issues, and post-traumatic stress disorder
    On the page ( * http://www.pathfinderproject.org/pathfoudinfo.htm ) I found for Gail, called "Pathfinder Project. Inc., it says about her:

On August 1, 1995, Gail Bethea-Jackson founded The Pathfinder Project, Inc.", a holistic therapeutic, afro centric agency for adolescents at risk and their families.

Ms. Jackson is a clinical social worker specializing in the area of victimization with an advanced certificate in child and adolescent psychotherapy from the Washington School of Psychiatry.

She received her BA at Hampton (Institute) University in Hampton, Virginia; and a then went on to earn her Master's in Social Work from the School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.

Once completing her Master's, she worked for Cuyahoga County Social Services where she was one of the initial members of their sexual abuse Task Team. While in Cleveland, she handled cases related to sexual abuse.

Ms. Jackson later relocated to the Washington, D.C. area, where she was employed at the Children’s Hospital National Medical Center in the Division of Child Protection for six (6) and a half (½) years specializing in Child sexual abuse and adolescent offenders.

Three of Mrs. Jackson’s years with Children's Hospital were spent in the role of Senior Therapist for the Adolescent Offender Program, where she treated adolescents and oversaw the administration of the program.

Mrs. Jackson has served on numerous boards, published articles, lectured and presented workshops locally as well as nationally on the subject of Adolescent Offenders and the treatment identification of victimization. She also serves as a consultant to a variety of agencies regarding the issue of victimization and post traumatic stress.

She has maintained a private practice for seven years, specializing in the field of victimization and adolescent issues prior to opening her own agency.

She is currently the Director of a private practice in Maryland specializing in victims of abuse as well as adolescent issues. She is a consultant to Prince George’s County Social Services Sexual Abuse Unit, and was consultant to Prince George's Family Preservation Unit; The Family Connection until its closing in 1999. She was also the organizer of the Maryland Chapter for APSAC, (American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children).

I wonder if Gail even knows she is being put on the JW site since they don't even have her degree right. It says she received a BA not a Docotrate.

On your second question...I don't have a clue. I am still stuck on the Dr vs a Counselor aspect.

It does say that she went to school here in the U. S. I don't understand why it was not addressed considering her field of study, especially since it was something we were all well aware of.

• JT
    JT

I live in Prince Georges County here in MD, I will Call Gail's office in the Morning and ask:

"Do you know that the JW are using your statements to downplay thier role in taking direct steps to help abused children?"

What you all may find of interest is that Dr. Robinette Thurston who used to be in my bookstudy for years has a practice in Alexandria, VA

Who has spent at least over 12yrs working with the Boys in Legal doing "Pro Bona" work for the Society.

What I find most interesting is that they did not Quote a Dr. that they have used on a regular basis. Robin would avg sometimes once a month being out of town flying somewhere here in the USA being an "Expert Witness" for the Society's legal team.

She would testify that the WT dogam is NO HARM TO THE CHILD. So the nonjw parent or former jw parent would have to hire thier own "Expert" to combat the argument. Robin is one excellent Expert, kinda puts you in mind of a "Vanessa Williams" type. She was a nice looking single sister

None of the Boys at the Big House would make a move on her even though Lady "C" and I tried to "Hook a Sista UP!!!!!",

all the bro felt they could not:

1. Afford her BEING A DR.

2. She was a Dr and they worked in Cleaning at Bethel. All the boys in Service or Writing were already married even though I'm sure some of them had wished they had not married that little UGLY Pioneer sister 12 yrs ago, but waited til Robin came into the "Truth" and pick them up a fine looking sister instead of the "HOMELY Looking" pioneer sister they are stuck with til she dies or commits adultry and they are free to marry.

so they missed out on a good sister,

But she just recently got married to an African Bro who is a flunky with a plumbing job, in my view looking for a "GRREEN CARD"

WELL he quit his "DAy Job" and joined her in her practice , he is now her "Office Director",
    yea more like "Living off the Fat of the Land"

I just hope he don't BOOK after he gets his GREEN CARD and goes back to Africa and gets his first wife like so many other dudes i have have seen do after marrying a poor hungry JW woman.

She is Very convincing on the stand though,

Her best friend and "Ace Cume Lody" is the wonderful single woman

"Carolyn WAH" - the WT female black lawyer

well anyway i had to post something on this issue

well as i have always said , if the boys at the house want me--

"They will have to come get MY BLACK ASS!!"

SMILE

GOOD TO SEE ALL THE GREAT POSTS--- HAD THE DAY OFF--- WE DIDN'T DO ANY HOLIDAY WITNESSING TODAY---------SMILE

take care

James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit