Gog of Magog is still SATAN!!!

by ADJUSTMENTS 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

I honestly never understood why they made such a big deal about keeping changes secret until the conventions/AGM. If were to keep calling it the truth, shouldn't they update us the moment they figured something out and needed to change something?

Now that I see the truth about the cult, it makes sense - they want to put butts in seats and get those wallets open. I never got excited about noo-light before anyway, it was always inconsequential and arbitrary. Now I realize that it's just a tease - the r/f know there'll be something new at the convention, and they're all secretly hoping it'll be a new date ala 1975. Every year they get excited for nothing, then say to themselves better luck next year.

• millie210
    millie210

I so agree with all of you.

I cant believe that it is October of 2014 and all they have to wow the crowd with is some obscure boring "Gog of Magog" crap.

That wasnt even a big deal when I WAS an avid consumer of all "deep truths"!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie That wasnt even a big deal when I WAS an avid consumer of all "deep truths"!

Yeah, but that's all they've got!

Since Crazy Freddy died, they've been swimming in the shallow end of the idea pool.

Freddy Franz was a nutjob, but at least his ideas were interesting.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

LOL, this story just made my day.

Classic......still teaching old light.....I guess God isn't concerned that people all over the world are getting accurate information so as to base their decisions for salvation on.

LOL.....thanks for sharing this....

• startingover
    startingover

I just googled Gog of Magog and to my surprise I got no results. I did however for Gog and Magog. It appears the Gog of magog thing is a JW thing.

Edited to add I really like the great new term just coined...Brobot!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Gog of Magoogle

• clarity
    clarity

OK....you would think someone in wally world

would notice that...................>

it turns out that "giving them FOOD at the

PROPER time" is not at the proper time.

Obviously, if the truth keeps on changing,

it has not been given at the proper time!!

The food has failed to be given at the proper

time!

So the food is worthless and so is the slave.

Not only that ....the slave has not even been

chosen yet!

Now we all know that this is not a prophecy at all.

At the very best, it is just a parable ....what a collossal

waste of time.

clarity

• Kalos
    Kalos

Finally JWs will have to discard Satan himself. For they know that Satan led Jesus to top of a mountain to show “all the kingdoms” of the earth—betraying his own erroneous belief about the shape of the earth (as being FLAT). If Satan shares the erroneous belief of humans of the first century, he is definitely the creation of the human mind of that time!

They also know that for Jesus to get the point across, he does’nt have to be shown all kingdoms of the earth (just saying is enough), and if he still needed a vision, vision could be shown to Jesus from anywhere (why take the trouble of going to the top of the mountain?)

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Doctrinely, what is the NEW Gog and Magog? When people get up and speak on such things, do they actually READ Ezekiel 38-39 in different Bible versions, or translations, or do they just read the pertinent WATCHTOWER articles. How do they interpret the fact that Gog will come out of the North and decimate Israel? If they also read Zechariah 12 and 14, this intended destruction of Judah and Jerusalem will culminate in the Messiah's return. John also says Gog (or "the beast") will attack Judah and Jerusalem (Rev. 11, 14). In fact, he says it will be against Judah in the city where our Lord was crucified. How can that be anywhere except Jerusalem? If anyone's an active JW, please explain, or send me a PM. I'm just interested in prophetic exegesis, nothing more. Thanks!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "Since Crazy Freddy died, they've been swimming in the shallow end of the idea pool. Freddy Franz was a nutjob, but at least his ideas were interesting."

Yup, they're pretty much stuck with his script, and no protege to give it a polish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit