TR, Do You Want to Re-new Your Subscription?

by TR 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TR
    TR

said the two older "sisters" at my door not more than one hour ago.

A nice conversation ensued that left them not able to answer questions, and had them falling back to the tried and true 'hovah belief that "we have the truth" b.s.

I swear that I could actually see the mental blinders closing over their eyes as I explained things they did not know. Frustrating, yet very predictable.

They had the balls to say not to believe everything I read! I ask them the same question about their religion. One "sis" responded by not answering my question, but said: "we believe the GB is guided by holy spirit." I asked her if she knew how the GB arrives at their decisions. She didn't know. I told her. She shrugged her shoulders.

We talked about the pedophile issue. One "sis" went on and on about the RCC. I explained that the same exact thing was happening to the WTS. Again, denials and disbelief. I asked them to watch NBC's "dateline" Tuesday night.

These 'hovahs were totally ignorant. What a suprise.[8>]

Their WT internet warnings were sending up red flags all over the place. "Do you get your info from the internet?" one "sis" asked. "Because you can't believe everything you read." Starting to sigh, I said, "when you go to a bookstore, do read the stuff you know to be garbage, or are you selective in what you choose? She said, "That's exactly what I do." I said, "Me too."

As I was getting into some real meaty discussions with these nice ladies, suddenly "we have to go, we have people waiting". "been there, done that," I said.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey TR,at least you tried.They`re not interested in the truth,only in talking about truth.You must have scared them or they woudn`t have just left.They would have stayed and talked your ear off for as long as you let them.Your a good man TR,you have more patience with these people than I have...OUTLAW

• Will Power
    Will Power

They`re not interested in the truth,only in talking about truth.

OMG that is a keeper

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I guess if they are clueless to the fact that subscriptions are going by the wayside in just a few weeks, it shouldn't surprise that they didn't know about dateline. Clueless is as clueless does.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

TR,

GOOD JOB!

I love to be there live seeing you and them in that discussion.

Man, I bet they were really shaking when you brought up about the pedophile issue and the dateline show.

Their WT internet warnings were sending up red flags all over the place. "Do you get your info from the internet?" one "sis" asked. "Because you can't believe everything you read." Starting to sigh, I said, "when you go to a bookstore, do read the stuff you know to be garbage, or are you selective in what you choose? She said, "That's exactly what I do." I said, "Me too."

As I was getting into some real meaty discussions with these nice ladies, suddenly "we have to go, we have people waiting". "been there, done that," I said.

LMAO!

regards,

AjaxMan

• TR
    TR

It's such a humorous scenario. I used to think just like they do. But having read most of the old publications, and learning from "apostate" books, WT documents and such, these people don't stand a chance in an arguement. Sad, really.

Another topic we covered was JCs. They expounded on how "the congregation is kept clean". I mentioned that many have been DF'd even though no sin took place, yet since the R&F don't know what happened, it is assumed that these DF'd ones committed some horrible sin. They hemmed and hawed, but no answer. "What about the example from the bible where trials were at the 'public gate'? I said. "The WTs's closed hearing JCs do NOT follow that example", I continued. "Uh, Um, well, hmmm..." was their reply.

By that time I was making them feel vulnerable and unable to reply outside the boundaries of their WT training, so they left.

TR

UADNA-WA

• TR
    TR

Another funny thought,

I could have predicted virtually everything these gals said, only having heard the first word out of their mouths. It was like a bizarre WT script. I said the same things myself as a 'hovah. From the first thing she said, "Oh, you used to be associated?" to the "we have to go now, we have people waiting". Hilarious. Like some wacky play that I've performed thousands of times. Weird, really weird.

TR

UADNA-WA

• Satanus
    Satanus

If there really was a subscription possibility, you just blew it.

SS

• Will Power
    Will Power

TR,
    Aren't these little scenarios practiced?
    and
    Just from all my reading I knew a few times the exact line that would come next. Most of the time it was word for word what I had read!!

Do you trust your doctor?

• TR
    TR

Satan,

I screwed up. The 'hovahs actually asked if I wanted to continue receiving the rags from them, because the subscriptions by mail are ending. I goofed.

BTW, I said "no".

UADNA-WA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit