WTS no longer in many countries ;-)

by Quotes 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

Is it wrong for me to do the following?

Sometimes I receive email from short-sighted persons who thinks I am the Watchtower Society, (presumably because of my website). They are usually looking for information like KH location or information they need to prepare next Tuesday's Talk No. 4. Here is one recent example:

please send me the kingdomhall adress situated near STATE MEDICAL INSTITUTE,KIEV--UKRAIN.THANK U.
    This is the response I sometimes send out. What Think?

==============================================
    Dear errawalla jiyaerw

Thank you for writing and asking for the location of "kingdomhall adress situated near STATE MEDICAL INSTITUTE,KIEV."

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you at this time.

Due to recent economic conditions which have caused a negative impact on our International Corporate cash flow, we have been forced to implement painful new cutbacks in our Worldwide distribution network. Truly we can see Satan's hand in this, as he is working against Jah's organization!! The tragic events here in the United States on September 11, 2001 have only made worse an already difficult situation.

As a result of this sad situation, we have reduced our world-wide operations dramatically, including support in your area.

Effective May 21, 2001, 0900hrs Eastern Standard Time, we no longer support the following countries and/or regions (in alphabetical order):

Afghanistan
    Albania
    Algeria
    Andorra
    Angola
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Argentina
    Armenia
    Azerbaijan
    Bahrain
    Bangladesh
    Barbados
    Belarus
    Belize
    Benin
    Bhutan
    Bolivia
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Botswana
    Brunei
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Congo, Democratic Republic of the
    Costa Rica
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Croatia
    Cuba
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Djibouti
    Dubai
    Ecuador
    Egypt
    El Salvador
    Equatorial Guinea
    Eritrea
    Estonia
    Ethiopia
    FYRO Macedonia
    Gabon
    Gambia, The
    Georgia
    Ghana
    Guinea
    Guinea-Bissau
    Guyana
    Iceland
    India
    Indonesia
    Iran
    Iraq
    Israel
    Kazakhstan
    Kenya
    Kiribati
    Kuwait
    Kyrgyzstan
    Laos
    Latvia
    Lebanon
    Lesotho
    Liberia
    Libya
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Malawi
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mali
    Malta
    Marshall Islands
    Mauritania
    Mauritius
    Mexico
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Moldova
    Mongolia
    Morocco
    Mozambique
    Myanmar (*** NOTE: formerly known as "Burma")
    Namibia
    Nauru
    Nepal
    Nicaragua
    Niger
    Nigeria
    North Korea
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Palau
    Panama
    Papua New Guinea
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Philippines
    Poland
    Portugal
    Republic of the Congo
    Romania
    Russia
    Rwanda
    Samoa
    San Marino
    Sao Tome and Principe
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Solomon Islands
    Somalia
    South Africa
    South Korea
    Spain
    Sri Lanka
    Sudan
    Suriname
    Swaziland
    Syria
    Tajikistan
    Tanzania
    Thailand
    Togo
    Tonga
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Tunisia
    Turkey
    Turkmenistan
    Tuvalu
    Ukraine
    United Arab Emirates
    Uruguay
    Uzbekistan
    Vanuatu
    Yemen
    Yugoslavia
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

The above list includes the relevant sections of South-East Asia, which were mentioned in earlier communiques as to be "named at a later date". The above list is current and up-to-date as of 0100hrs March 7, 2002.

We trust that other local religions may meet your spiritual needs in the interim, including, but not limited to the following:

Buddhism
    Baha'i Faith
    Christianity (other denominations)
    Confucianism
    Free Daism
    Hinduism
    International Raelian Movement
    Islam
    Jainism
    Judaism
    Messianic Judaism
    Shinto
    Sikhism
    Taoism
    Zoroastrianism

We have found that the core beliefs (golden rule, do unto others, etc.) are pretty similar right across the board. However, Zoroastrianism is our current 2nd place favourite, after Jehovah's Witnesses of course.

We are confident that our present monetary downturn will be short lived, and within 3-5 years we should have our normal crack squad of savvy, motivated proselytizing and support personnel working again in the above listed regions and/or countries. Until that time, we wish you warm brotherly love and Christian greetings (or, as they say in the Raelian Movement, "May The Wind Be At Your Back").

Your brothers,

[email protected]
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWtinesses.com

P.S. We are sure you will enjoy Kiev, they have wonderful chicken dishes there!

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out: http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

So, you want WT legal breathing down your neck, uh?

Sam Beli

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• RR
    RR

That's a classic.

We had one recently. I guy who was visiting from the ukraine, staying with in Queens, e-mailed the Bible Students Online site, wanting to know where the memorial was going to be held. We made arrangements to meet with Bible Students in the area. It wasn't till later that we found out he was a Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

That is really funny.

EL OH EL (c) Cygnus 2002 -- All Rights Reserved

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why don't you add canada to the list? Lol

SS

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I have always admired your site Quotes and your sense of humor, in fact I have directed many people to visit your site to discover JW doctrines exposed.

Alas, while I admit it may be funny, I personally do not find it the wisest thing to do.

My reasoning is this:

1) You have already admitted that WTS lawyers are visiting your site and undoubtedly looking for a reason to shut you down.

2) Your sending this email to someone and then posting it publicly on this board admitting your LYING may then forward it to their lawyers or officials, giving them reason and evidence with which to use against you.

3) Your outright deception over the matter, even if in good fun, does not make us any better than those who use "theocratic war strategy"; and it also only serves to support their claims that "apostates" are "deceivers" and "twisters of truth"

I believe you should seriously consider the ramifications of your actions. With your taking the initiative to build such a wonderful website which aids an innumerable amount of people from exiting the JW's.. you also assumed the responsibility to maintain a certain course of conduct at least in public, like it or not.

• SYN
    SYN

LOL!

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Simon
    Simon

lighten up ...

I get a whole mix of emails and now and again you have to reply to some of them!

How can people confuse the sites?!

It amazes me that people can work a computer and email but not a telephone ... I think a lot of these emails are bogus designed to waste time as they are so similar in wording.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

For those worried about Quotes legal health. Stop, he'll be fine. Humor and parody are some of the most protected forms of free speach.

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

it's funny but it gives JW a reason to say: u see? they beat their former bros...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit