New WTS Rules for elders & Child Abusers

by Cappuccino OC 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Per my uncle who is an elder:

Anyone who has a criminal record can't have any privileges from now on per the WTS.

My conclusions:

So what about the child molesters who have abused children who have been Disfellowshiped, pardoned, or who have sincerely repented of their wrongdoingsbut the authorities were not notified?
    Since they have no criminal record they can still have priviliges They can still be pionners, ministerial servants, elders, bethelites, Cirquit/District Overseers & so on.

This is very SICK. I'm definately NOT letting my Children alone with any JW's.

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Wait till yer told they're dead and there is no way of getting justice and that he will be resurrected but you won't because you are a wicked person and he has died for his sins!

• graceabounds
    graceabounds

This must be "new light".
    As opposed to the "old light".
    Which must have been a "flash light".
    Or "nightlight"....

If they finally figured out that they should have been doing something about this situation...
    But, ofcourse, it is only damage control. Something to cover their asses.

They are all a bunch of "dim bulbs".

graceabounds

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I no longer have doubts that the WTS LIES. I lost all of my FAITH in them. They can no longer control me.

I know better than to believe any of their comments.

I'm positive that no one, Any JW's, will even dare to tell me anything. THey all know that my sister was raped by her father, my stepfather, and that we were prevented from going to the authorities.

What are they going to say that the tabloids are not true? They can't do that to me or my family. They can lie to other JW's families but not mine. As for my stepfather he was only DF & now has charges pending against him for molesting a 13 year old girl in the state that he now lives in.

This 13 year old girl could have been saved if the 5 elders who were in his committee & who DF him, would have contacted the authorities 8 years ago.

Don't they get it? Hello?

OC

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi oveja,.......OH MY GOD!!!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Your comments about the 'new light' make me laugh.

Ummm... you ever look at a candle just before it is extinguished?

It kinda flickers - maybe getting brighter - and then dimmer - and then brighter... oops! It just went out - and now you're in the dark!

Regards,

Jim_TX

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    *** w98 3/1 4 The Churches Confess *** (when will the Watchtower?)
    Several prelates have followed the pope’s example. In December 1994 the Italian newspaper Il Giornale reported: “Many American bishops appeared on television and publicly asked forgiveness.” For what? For underestimating the problem of pedophile priests, to the detriment of many young victims.

*** w97 2/15 3 So Much Suffering ***
    We also should not overlook the pain caused by pedophile perverts. Stated one grieving mother, who said her son committed suicide after being abused by a child-care worker: “The man who abused my son . . . destroyed him and a number of other boys in the most systematic, perverted way imaginable.”

*** w94 12/1 6 The 20th-Century Denial of God ***
    The clergy have also denied God by turning their backs on his moral standards—as evidenced, for example, by a steady stream of lawsuits against pedophile priests. The situation of Christendom resembles that of ancient Israel and Judah. “The land is filled with bloodshed and the city is full of crookedness,” the prophet Ezekiel was told, “for they have said, ‘Jehovah has left the land, and Jehovah is not seeing.’” (Ezekiel 9:9; compare Isaiah 29:15.) Little wonder that many have abandoned Christendom’s churches altogether! But must they abandon belief in God?

*** g99 4/8 6 The Crisis Is Worldwide ***
    Sickening reports of pedophile rings, which greedily exploit children sexually, are flooding in from all over the world.

*** g97 4/8 13 Sexual Exploitation of Children-A Worldwide Problem ***
    A pedophile has a perverted sexual attraction to children. According to the Children’s Ombudsman of Sweden, “they are not necessarily aging, slovenly men in raincoats or violent macho types. A typical pedophile is a well educated middle-aged man, often working with children as a teacher, doctor, social-worker or a priest.”

*** g96 1/8 17 The Greek Orthodox Church-A Religion Divided ***
    The media have repeatedly brought to light revelations with regard to the decadent morals of certain members of the clergy—homosexual and pedophile priests,

I wonder if they insured there were “two witnesses” prior to printing these allegations?

*** g93 4/8 31 Victims of Pedophile Priests Speak Out ***
    Many spoke openly of how they had been victimized by pedophile priests.

But NCR (National Catholic Reporter) notes that speakers sounded another theme repeatedly throughout the conference: “The first abuse is sexual; the second and more painful, is psychological.” This second abuse occurs when the church refuses to listen to victims of abuse, fails to take their accusations seriously, and moves only to protect the offending priests.

*** g93 4/8 31 Victims of Pedophile Priests Speak Out ***
    Interestingly, though, the aforementioned U.S. attorney, who represents 150 victims of pedophile priests in 23 states, says that he has never yet had a client who was eager to go to court. Each one first tried to seek justice “within the pastoral context of the church.” NCR concludes: “Survivors go to the courts, it appears, not as a first resort, but as a last resort.”

Yet, when complaints reach an elder body, they demand two witnesses?

*** g93 10/8 8 How Can We Protect Our Children? ***
    It is the rare pedophile who uses physical force to molest a child. They generally prefer to befriend children first. Jesus’ advice to be “cautious as serpents” is thus appropriate. (Matthew 10:16) Close supervision by loving parents is one of the best safeguards against abuse. Some molesters look for a child alone in a public place and strike up a conversation to spark the child’s curiosity. (“Do you like motorcycles?” “Come see the puppies out in my truck.”) True, you cannot be with your children at all times. And child-care experts recognize that children need some freedom to move around. But wise parents are cautious about granting children too much freedom prematurely.
    But, does the above caution include brothers within the Kingdumb Halls?

*** g93 10/8 6 Common Misconceptions ***
    Misconception: Children fantasize or lie about sexual abuse.
    Under normal circumstances children lack the experience or sophistication in sexual matters to invent explicit claims of abuse, although some small children may become confused about details. Even the most skeptical of researchers agree that most claims of abuse are valid.
    But without two witnesses, the pedophile is considered not guilty? What hypocrites!

*** g93 10/8 12 Prevention in the Home ***
    A pedophile who sexually abused hundreds of boys over a 40-year period admitted that the boys who had an emotional need for a friend like him made the “best” victims. Don’t create such a need in your child.
    Yes parents, severely limit your childs associations and extra curricular activities. Limit them only to other JWs. Don’t let them dance, go to movies, go on the internet, go to sports events or visit “worldly” friends. Their own policies set the children up for abuse by child molesters and then, they have the audacity to demand two witnesses and when they cannot be produced, protect the sick f**k who molested the child and hang the child out to dry?

If this is the way of “God’s Organization,” we are all better off becoming atheists. Gawd, these hypocrites make me sick. I just cannot fathom why anyone would wish to return to these hypocritical vermin.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Oveja told us,"Anyone who has a criminal record can't have any privileges from now on per the WTS."

OK, for the sake of argument, let's assume that is true. It means that any CONVICTED pedophile, rapist, arsonist or murderer who becomes a baptized Jehovah's Witness is still REQUIRED to engage in the door-to-door "ministry," but is NOT allowed to walk around the Kingdom Hall with microphones, or hand out magazines in the Kingdom Hall, or have access to the Kingdom Hall's checkbook.

Yes, that new policy goes a long way to solving problems! [/sarcasm]

- Nathan Natas
    UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

I'm just trying to relay info given to me by my uncle. I don't agree with their previous ways or their new ways. IT's all gross!@!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

You are right its just damage control to make out that the WT is doing something about child abusers. Not much substance to it.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit