Switching Halls

by the comet 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    We moved - faded radically - attend once per month - no problems!
  • Clambake
    Clambake

My wife tried that when having trouble with a certain elder that till the congregation finally merged with the one she was hiding in.

Moved to another city, started to have the same problem and tried the same thing and that congregation merged with the one she was hiding in again.

The growth of Jehovah peoples is amazing.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Different things work for different people and circumstances.

If you switch you've added to the number of potential individuals who'll want to "visit" you.

If you stay where you are you've not added to this potential.

So you may or may not be better off switching. It depends on management where you switch to.

Watching and reading about various fading experiences often leaves me with mental picture of a couple living in a cold wilderness area with wolves outside their cabin wanting to "visit" the inhabitants. Sometimes its better to beat wolves with patient and persistent refusal to engage. Eventually they'll look for more cooperative prey. In the meantime you can enjoy satellite television and have fun looking through your scope to see how wolves spend their time when they think no one's looking. It can be amusing, and liberating. Oh, and it's okay to get in your vehicle and go visit friends when you want. Wolves rarely chase a large moving automobile, and when they do it usually does not turn out very well for the wolf. Make time to leave and enjoy time doing something productive away from the cabin as needed or wanted.

Just my 2-cents...

• kairos
    kairos

You could always have your publisher cards transferred to a hall out of town ( far out of town ).
    You know, because you are moving and all... ( wink wink )

• the comet
    the comet

Punkofnice-not sure why they keep asking to meet. Just a basis shepherding call I think. We have a new elder that just moved in and thinks he's a rock-star, he's taken a special interest in me it seems.

I've just reached my limit in dealing with all the bs. I honestly never want to step foot in a hall again, the consequences of that are probably greater than what I want however. I've already lost most of my friends because I viewed as weak, my mother won't return my phone calls anymore, and to keep going just to please my wife's family is seeming less and less worth it. Anyway sorry for the rant, thanks everyone for your advice, I appreciate it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit