FLOWER...Hostess Extraordinaire!!!

by BoozeRunner 19 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

WHAT A GREAT COOKOUT!!! Flower and her roommate Jen were simply wonderful hostesses. I had a great time on Saturday as did all the guests. The food was great and plentiful, as were the beer and spirits.[8>]

Badwillie, NeonMadman, i8emallup, and B_ster were the members from this board who attended, as well as myself.

There was NEVER a dull moment, as we listened to music and drank, drank, and drank EVEN MORE well into the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Also, Flower and her roommate are wonderfully sweet ladies.

TYVVM FLOWER and JEN!!!!

Boozy

• somebody
    somebody

((((((((Boozy)))))) glad to see you back again.

Sounds like you all had a great time.

ahhh. I wish I was there to meet you all.

someday...I will.

peace,
    somebody

"Air baths are good for preventing colds.. What you do is strip naked mornings and evenings and then bob up and down for a while."~ Golden Age Feb 10 1926 31

Group air bath,anyone?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I got to admit Flower is a person Id be most interested in meeting face to face.
    Sure wish I could have been there.
    When do we start holding coordinated apostofests with net meeting/Satellite hookup?
    Yay!!

• TheStar
    TheStar

I wish I could have been there!

If things don't work out here, maybe I should move to NJ...

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

TY ((((Somebody)))). Yep, it was a blast. I took DJ equipment as well as about 750 CD's and played alot of tunes, even for her neighbors. That way, I figured there would be no complaints. (Hee Hee) I think I may have gotten a gig out of the deal from her neighbor!!! YIPPEEE!!!

Refiners, Star-I wish more could have attended. It was so upbeat, not like some dull JW event where you have to watch who's watching you for fear of "theocratic council." LOL

Bring on ANOTHER APOSTAFEST!!!!

Boozy

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    There was NEVER a dull moment, as we listened to music and drank, drank, and drank EVEN MORE well into the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Wow, you guys stayed with it that late, huh? Being a boring old guy (and having a 2-hour drive and 4 hungry canines at home) I and my family had to bail out at about 8:00. Wish we could have stayed for some more 'upbuilding fellowship'!!

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

(((boozy))) (((nj 'festers)))

sounds like you all had fun! i wish i could have been there as well. next time :)

• flower
    flower

What a great Barbeque!

I'm soooo glad and relieved that everyone had so much fun! I never could have hoped for a bigger success. The food all came out sooo good and I've never made any of that stuff before! I even had a memorial day theme with a cake with strawberries and blueberries arranged on the top in an american flag design and red white and blue dessert cups for the kids (blue & red jello w/coolwhip). I hate to brag but Martha Stewart aint' got nothin on me! HAHAHA!

We had 27 people in all including the above mentioned and their families, a few of my family, a few of Jens family, and a few neighbors.

Everyone had a wonderful time! Unfortunately, in my impaired state I forgot to take the camera outside and take pictures of everyone until many had left but fortunately I did remember in time for the 'after' party LOL! I'll have to see if there are any in there that are suitable for public viewing lol (w/permission of course).

I just wanted to thank all those that came and apologize for any inconvenience caused by the roadsign not being up.

BadWillie and his family are the coolest! I8emallup and his family are adorable especially when soaking wet from water balloons LOL! B_ster is sooo funny and drove all the way from Boston and we were so glad he did. Neonmadman is neither Neon nor a mad man but he and his family are really great and I'm so glad they came. And Boozy is the bestest DJ ever! If your in this area and need a DJ hes your man. Everyone loved the music he played from the 2 year olds to the waay older ones. Thanks Boozy!

Oh and I think just a tip for those of you having apostafests around the world..invite 'wordly' people too that have never been witnesses. They had just as great a time and were totally interested in the conversations going on. Many like my roommate knew NOTHING about JW's before we met. Maybe that is one way to educate more people about the damaging affects of the cult.

Anyway, I'm totally exahusted and sore and hung over but I can't wait to do it again!

flower

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Flower, the thanks goes to YOU and Jen. TY especially for picking me up and getting me home. And dont forget about your "lil guy". Hes is so cute and was a pleasure to play with. You have done a GREAT job raising him.

Yes, I agree, ALL the families were just great to be around. Neon, you were NOT boring, so cut it out. LOL

Harmony, you will have to fly n sometime to one of these eastcoast fests. I bet you'd have a BLAST too.

Boozy

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((flower)))))
    I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I'm glad everything turned out well. Isn't it nice learning to just be you!!!!

Hugs,
    j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit