Simon and Angharad

by mommy 17 Replies latest social relationships

• logical
    logical
    we've just come back from taking the kids to the zoo

I thought I saw you pass my cage. Just as well you didnt stop and say hello, else the kids would be traumatised for life.

• Seven
    Seven

Simon and Angharad, As TW just said, I hope you both feel the web sites were worth it all. I know it has been for me. I'm free. Words are meaningless in trying to express the love and gratitude I have for the two of you. Best wishes and welcome to the rest of your life.
    Be happy. Big hugs to you and the boys.

love,
    Seven

• alias
    alias

Simon and Angharad,
    Thanks so much to the time and effort you put into building this board, you have helped create an honest, caring support group of people who will not judge you or anyone else for your standing in (or out of) the org.

I feel so sorry for those who had to go through what you've been through this week before this sort of communication medium was available. I am so thankful we all have access to it so easily today.
    None of us necessarily need to rely our localities for such support. The Internet has made possible what was previously impossible.

My thoughts are with you both and your children. I am so happy that you have eachother through this difficult time. And of course you have us. And should the time come when any others of us find ourselves in the same situation as you are now, I am thankful that this group exists for us too.

Much gratitude and thankfulness for technology and knowledge,

alia

P.S. Simon, can you list the links to your other sites? I lost the JW truth one. Thanks so much!

• mommy
    mommy

I am glad for you that it is over. And I can't think of a better way to spend Saturday morning!
    I am with Zazu in the fact that this board provides a great service to inactive and active jws. And maybe one day we will be there for one of the members from your meeting. The wtbts gives them the freedom to be nasty in the name of God. Judging people and outright using tricks to get what they want. How sad that there was 6 people, sitting in the room that think it is ok to make your decisions for you.
    Well thanks for this sight and I too am interested in the other or are there more than two?
    wendy

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Simon and Angharad,

As the others have already expressed, you two are an inspiration to me. One of the characteristics that I find the most appealing in people is Integrity. And by you two providing this site, it shows that you are two people who are TRUE to you beliefs and have taken the time to share with many.

Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for this board. And those cowards who ganged up on you were able to see a true Man, and I hope they took note.

Happy to be Free (Me)

Edited by - happytobefree on 24 February 2001 15:49:36

• Simon
    Simon

mommy, the other site I did was http://www.jwtruth.com/ but I never really updated it (can you tell I was really angry when I did it?)
    The most useful bit is http://www.jwtruth.com/jwt/timeline.asp which shows a timeline of events relating to selectable topics. I think that when I get time I will review that site and maybe re-do it.
    I really do appeciate all the kind words and thanks for the forum but I don't think I warrant them. I just do the techie bits (which I enjoy) and I get as much support and help from reading everyone elses posts as anyone does I'm sure. I know Angharad too has found it a real lifesaver knowing that there are people she can talk and chat with who understand.
    I think we all contribute and make this site what it is. I'm grateful to everyone who joins in and helps me!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Simon and Angharad,

***HUGS**** I'm sure that this whole thing has been rather anticlimactic and I'm sure that you weren't surprised by the outcome. It's still a difficult experience, though.

I would assume that the websites you've set up have been a sort of catharsis for you. I loved your timeline, Simon, and I've referred to it several times.

I am SO glad that you've had the courage and compassion to set up and maintain your websites. You'll never know how much good you've accomplished....much more than you ever did going door to door.

The JWs have lost two really wonderful people, but they've allowed you to regain your lives. I feel honored to share a small part of that. Thank you.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks for all your support everyone - you've all really helped us over the past few months

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit