Simon and Angharad

by mommy 17 Replies latest social relationships

• mommy
    mommy

Just a little note to let you know you are in my prayers! I know tomorrow you go before the gullitione. Hope everything works out for you When you are in the meeting remember each and everyone of us is thinking of you!
    Lotsa love and prayers sent your way
    wendy

• larc
    larc

In the UK it is probably about that time to be up and about. Like mommy, I wish you the best and hope you get out of this unscathed. I hope you get to Canada soon so we can all come visit.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Thanks Wendy, Larc

It's good to know that there are people who we can talk to.

We'll let you know how things go tonight.

BTW: How did your meeting go Frenchy?

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Thinker and I are adding our thoughts and hopes for you!!!
    And Yeah!, how did your meeting go Frenchy?
    Thinker and TW

• Simon
    Simon

Well, the big day came and went...
    There was lttle o'l me and 6 elders for about 3 hours.
    The 3 local elders remained silent throughout and I talked to the 3 visiting ones.
    The outcome wasn't a surprise - they decided to uphold the da decision of the original committee - however, I'm not a little confused as to the reasons why.
    The letter I originally got stated that they had invited me to a committee meeting (I was asked if I'd like to go for a 'chat') and that I had refused to go (I was busy and told them I would need more notice) so they had accepted that 'I had disassociated myself' even though I had not.
    However, I did go to this 'appeal' and they upheld the decision but have not given me anything in writing as to why. They mentioned the web-sites so I assume that it is because of this.
    I will post more when I've made a proper transcript of the meeting.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Dear Simon and Angharad

Three hours!!!!some 'chat', eh. I don't think they will send you anything in writing of any significance...no explanation, probably just your are now "formally disassociated." They have just got to have the last word and stick a label on you!

Well, mostly, it's done and over
    -- probably physically/emotionally draining and a relief at the same
    time (sigh).

The time is flying by - won't be long before you are out of there - and I know you can't wait! Post more when you are up to it. We all think so much of you Simon - you have given us a place to vent, learn and heal...the best 'spot' on the 'net. Thank you so much dear man.

NOTE:
    To you self-righteous crumbs who have been lurking at Simon's site and have
    delighted in informing your so-called
    elders - keep reading - maybe some time you'll be in the same position once you realize how you have been duped. But, guess what? - Simon, and others will be here for you should you find yourself in need of understanding and comfort.
    TaTa :)

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Simon and Anghard,
    Well Thinker and I hope you aren't too devastated. For me the official action was actually quite a relief. I hope this ends up that way for you too.
    I echo all Zazu's sentiments. Right down to the little note for the spies.
    Keep your chins up. Glad you did most of the talking. At least they weren't allowed to grill you for three hours. Hope you gave them an earful!!
    I wondered if your web site was known about. I hope you feel it is worth it. Because it has been a real life saver for me and I know many others here.
    Love to you both,
    Thinker and Thinkers Wife

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Simon & Angharad,

Like the others, I hope this brings a form of inner relief. You had mentioned speaking with a lawyer, did you do so?

This da'ing stuff is so much unwritten as to definition - but the ramifications on a person's family and friends can be devastating. Along with slander of the person's reputation, even at work if you work with other jw's.

I can understand the concept of df'ing - and why the governments are staying clear - but the way your da'ing was done smacks of nothingness.

I hope you had/have an opportunity of checking with an attorney. From my own experience, unless they were in a close religious upbringing (such as orthodox jews) they won't understand you. Took three lawyers to understand our position. The Protestant one accepts what happened to us - but still doesn't understand the concept of the jw mind - but he knew the PO as a neighbor and had an intense dislike for him as a slandering person.

Hope it goes well. Perhaps just getting away with the kids for a day or so? Does wonders.

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

he he, don't worry - I did plenty of talking!
    Thanks for the thoughts BTW, it really does mean a lot to us both having people to talk to.
    I knew they would make an issue over the web-sites but I'm not going to stop trying to help others just because they dont like it. Also, being able to do something positive helps us to and besides, we've made so many good genuine friends from doing it that I couldn't close it could I?
    I do feel quite upbeat actually. It's not like anything will change - the small minded people have already been doing their shunning thing but we don't rely on them anymore anyway - we have new friends and associations now and will have to make new ones anyway when we move.
    I just hope that they sort out the people concerned who were doing things wrong and start to care for people a bit better. If it does nothing else than stop someone else going through what we've been through it will have been worthwhile.

• Simon
    Simon

...and yes, we've just come back from taking the kids to the zoo on a beautiful, bright, sunny morning. They really loved it and I feel so happy being able to take them there, with no feeling of guilt, on a Saturday morning instead of dragging them round knocking on doors.
    Plus it tired them out so they're both asleep and we get some peace...ah...
    This is what life is all about !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit