Did it bother you that they taught, "miss a meeting and you'll fall away?"

by Wasanelder Once 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

How many times did we hear that if we dont attend meetings we will leave the truth because Satan will get ahold of us? That always bothered me. I thought, "if my faith isn't able to stand alone what good is it? We are born alone, we die alone so why not be able to be faithful alone?" There are stories of people who missed meetings and died while doing something else. What the hell was that about? Tell me, is it true that if you miss meetings you will "fall away"? Worked for me! Helps to stop the drums beating in my ears to do more! Be more! Give more! Screw em.

• Laika
    Laika

How else are they going to get you to those meetings? They're so dull...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Well, there is some truth to it.

I had to give up on the meetings, and look where I am, now...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I guess they had a point. I no longer attend and I have "fallen away."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What bothered me is them implying Jehovah would off you if you didn't show up to clean the KH.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Yeah, it bothered me. It was also funny how they taught that if you stopped going you would soon be "in darkness" and not be able to comprehend the bible or anything the wt said.

When I hadn't gone for a while and then did a written review (do they still do those?) and got most of them right because I hadn't forgotten the past 20 years of going to the meetings, I kind of thought that it might all be bs.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes. As if you missed one meeting and you didn't learn where the next meeting was going to be held "during the persecution," then too bad for you. You deserve eternal destruction.

Okaaayyyy.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

Yes. your ENTIRE spiritual health hangs on missing a meeting!!! if you are a brother it cound means thumbs up or down if your were reaching out.

the poor families that missed a few here or there were judged on whether they are good associates or not

then the line that comes up - Missing a meeting is like missing a meal from Jehovahs table

enough to make you mentally sick

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

With any mind control cult it is very important to keep that mind conditioning as they know that rational and objective thinking will kick in.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The brainwashing only lasts for a few days and they know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit