Nimrod: Fact or fiction

by dugout 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikado
    Mikado

I have always thought that this was loosely based on the Assyrian ziggurats and Egyptian pyramids...

• Gregor
    Gregor

When things got sorted out, God chose one group for his special attention. They all used the same language, which was very convenient when they called someone a "shmuck" everyone knew what was meant. Then he had Abraham sire two sons by two women. Resulting in chaos. Just for the hell of it He required the males to be circumscised, the equivalent of a manufacturer's recall.

Old Nimrod. He grazed like a goat in his insanity but had very good bowel function to an old age.

• smiddy
    smiddy

God got upset when they built a tower a few stories high thousands of years ago , however he is apparently content that many nations today can put up skyscrapers all over the world , send satellites into space , have an International Space Station continually orbiting the earth , put men on the moon , allow the Pioneer space probes to exit the solar system , and multitudes of other probes going to other planets .

I think if he had got upset with humans in developing and dropping the atomic bomb and then confused the languages , it might make a bit more sense .

smiddy

• Comatose
    Comatose

Do you realize what is involved in being able to comprehend an atom? Then harness it in the desert using mud, tar, and sticks?

There is negative zero possibility that people who got off the ark 100 years prior were ever going to make the tools needed to see an atom. They couldn't have understood it in that time. The science didn't exist and there was no possible way for them to even know what an atom was...

• Zordino
    Zordino

I can't believe that in this day and age there are thousands if not millions of religious fanatics (JW's and the like) who actually believe the Nimrod story, flood story and other similar fairy tales.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I've met a few nimrods in my time, so from that perspective, their existince is fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit