Tales from the Couch

by Seven 57 Replies latest watchtower medical

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Hi Jezebel,
    Love your name!! Got that label once in the Borg! Sorry to hear about the things happening to you. I also experienced some of that type of anxiety! Good for you to keep trying to overcome.
    Seven,
    Been thinking about you a lot lately. Just waiting for your lead.
    TW

• Seven
    Seven

Hi larc! Nice of you to visit this forum. Yes, I've read the Ellis
    book-found it highly interesting and some of the RET exercises useful.
    Just the other day, I was re-reading chapter 13: Insight No.8: Changing Thoughts by Acting Against Them(working alittle on self-acceptance/shame-attacking). Interesting. Thanks for recommending the book. I think it will be quite useful long term.

Seven

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

Thankyou both 7 and thinkerswife for making me welcome .I hope everyone is feeling good today!

Thinker my daughter loves your cow with legs kicking!Looks like hes doing line dancing.

Wish you all well...love from jezebel!!

• PullMyFinger
    PullMyFinger

Hi all, hang in there.

• Seven
    Seven

PullMyFinger, Welcome to the board. Great nickname & pic.

• Seven
    Seven

This is another one of those "I don't know why I'm writing this" posts. While reading Wendy's "Have I changed?" thread I thought about what could have possibly happened between the time I started this thread and now that caused me to cross over from the depression and anxiety to the joy I'm feeling now? I'm free. I don't know how, why or when it happened but I'm loving every precious moment, finding it hard to believe. I have a new set of eyes with which I view the world.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's going to be a joy either way. I'm going to give it everything I've got to try and hold on to what I'm feeling today. Love to you all, Seven

WINNING
    (Russ Ballard)

One day I was on the ground
    When I needed a hand
    Then it couldn't be found
    I was so far down that I couldn't get up
    You know and one day I was one of life's losers
    Even my friends were my accusers
    In my head I lost before I begun

I had a dream but it turned to dust
    And what I thought was love
    That must have been lust
    I was living in style
    When the walls fell in
    And when I played my hand
    I looked like a joker
    Turn around fate must have woke her
    Cause lady luck she was waiting outside the door

I'm winning
    I'm winning
    I'm winning
    I'm winning and I don't intend on losing again

Too bad it belonged to me
    It was the wrong time and not meant to be
    It took a long time and I'm new born now
    I can see the day that I bleed for
    If it's agreed that there's a need
    To play the game and to win again.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Seven, I'm really happey for you. I think you do know the reason though, even if the process isn't clear. You said so yourself, you're free.

• mommy
    mommy

Seven!
    ((((HUGS)))) I told you didn't I? I said you are right around the corner, just reach out and grab it! I am so happy for you The other day when I was at my special place. I did alot of thinking. One of the things I thought of was you. I was hoping you would finally find this spot, the freedom of heart. When it no longer matters what has happened to us, or continues to happen. Where we remain strong and happy and free.
    I was trying to figure out how I had left my depression, and fear. I realized I gave up questioning, why? I don't care why bad things have been done to me, and how much I have been hurt by others. I find the simple joy of just being and living and of course loving you can't go wrong with that.
    Everyday somethings will come up, sometimes horrible things. But if your heart is at peace, you can overcome anything. And once you have attained this, it is hard to stump you again
    So you beautiful, sweet, caring woman, continue in your happiness! I am so glad you made it
    Love,
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit