Tales from the Couch

by Seven 57 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Seven
    Seven

Tina, I'm glad you're here. Re-visiting the trauma is giving me control over my these things-it's gradually losing its power. For so long I was only seeing what I wanted to see. What I was able to live with. I was not really living at all, only existing. I was running. Not anymore. It's such a relief to be able to turn and face myself and not have to look away. I had forgotten what true happiness was. I'm learning. Shame took alot out of me too-crushed my spirit. I've recaptured the joy I hadn't realized I'd lost. Thanks Tina for responding to this thread. I hope to hear more from you. Hugs back at ya, Seven

TW, I'll email you soon. I saw you in chat this morning but by the time I noticed, you were gone. Sorry I missed you.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I will be looking forward to it Seven. Always glad to share and recieve. IMO, when you share, you get a whole lot more back!!!! Hope things are still going well for you!
    TW

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Seven,
    I'm keeping this at the top, so you won't forget to email me!!!!! Thinking of you!
    TW

• Seven
    Seven

TW, Thanks. I plan on writing you as soon as I put the finishing touches on a project I'm working on this morning.

Seven

• Kristen
    Kristen

Hi Seven!
    What a great response from many on this thread. I hope you are doing much better these days. It looks like the sharing and caring that happened here not only helped you, but everyone else that shared in the exchange of learning and support.

Keep going girl–you are an inspiration for all of us. I truly admire the strength you show at times pushing forth out of your past and getting to the point you need to now. You no doubtedly have become stronger, more compassionate, and a more quality person through all of this.

Sending hugs your way! (((((((HUGS SEVEN))))))))

Love,
    Kristen

• Seven
    Seven

Kristen! I'm always happy to see you and to read that things are looking brighter for you too.There are still days when the darkness creeps in but I know now that it is only temporary. What a difference a year makes. Be well and be happy Kristen. Come back often
    and say hello and let us know how you're doing. {{{{HUGS}}}}

love,
    Seven

"F-R-E-E-D-O-M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"-William Wallace,Braveheart

• jezebel influence
    jezebel influence

Dear 7of9,thank you for being so open about things hard to talk about!You dont know me as I am new here but it is nice to know I am not alone in the way I feel either.Iam very shy,and dont make friends easily,so its great to talk to people this way(cause if they dont like what i say ,I can hide anyway).I like you suffer from anxiety disorders..which makes me feel like a bit of a freak!for example at some times i cant make myself go to the shop or anywhere.Also recently at the kindy xmas party I was asked to pour milkshake for the kids and i couldnt stop shaking!I am only 24..I dont want this problem to rule my life or my kids so I push myself into these situations hoping to overcome it.
    Anyway thank you for opening up as it is scary and you have been of comfort to me so please feel good!
    It takes a while to get to know people but in every post we reveal a little more of ourselves,I look forward to getting to know all of you.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi All!
    Just wanted to holler HI at yas ">
    7 with her compassionate,sensitive,sharing has helped me and many others I'm sure. I always check your posts.7,I get so much from them,,, thank you ,just wanted to share my feelings here,hugs and luv,Tina

• Seven
    Seven

Hello Jezebel influence, It's so nice to meet you. This is a great place to talk about those things you just can't mention to people in real life. I remember when I had my first panic attack I was thinking maybe I was coming down with the flu-the shaking you described. Scary,
    huh? You just can't stop it. I know what triggers mine and I've learned to limit my participation in certain threads involving child molestation, rape, and abuse. It just takes so much out of me both physically and emotionally. It helps me to talk about these things here in the mental health and depression forums, it's seems the pace is slower and to be honest, I guess in a way I feel safer here. Feel free at any time to discuss any experience you want too. I've received
    so much help and support here, it's been a major factor on the road to wellness. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Share whatever you feel comfortable talking about.No pressure.Just take your time.
    Seven

Tina, Thanks Tina for making the rounds here. Your input and support is always appreciated. ((Tina)) Thanks for the encouragement. It's good to have you here.

TW, I'm horrible with email. I'm sorry. I think of you often.

• larc
    larc

Hi Seven,

You seem to be in good spirits lately. That's nice to see.

I was curious as to whether you got that book I had recommended, and if so, what you thought of it? I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but I think it is a useful approach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit