Why are you treated as mentally ill if you try to leave?

by wallievase 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There's a hidden irony occurring when a group of 12 men say that a god is talking to them directly and decoding specially sent

messages via a unseen spirit medium for the rest of human population of 7 billion people.

So who again is mentally ill ???

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's 'mind control' to keep bums on seats.

Steven Hassan made a good point with the B.I.T.E. cult control model.

Consider the 'E' part..........

Emotional Control

1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish 2. Teach emotion-stopping techniques to block feelings of homesickness, anger, doubt 3. Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault 4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness, such as a. Identity guilt b. You are not living up to your potential c. Your family is deficient d. Your past is suspect e. Your affiliations are unwise f. Your thoughts, feelings, actions are irrelevant or selfish g. Social guilt h. Historical guilt 5. Instill fear, such as fear of: a. Thinking independently b. The outside world c. Enemies d. Losing one’s salvation e. Leaving or being shunned by the group f. Other’s disapproval 6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows – love bombing and praise one moment and then declaring you are horrible sinner 7. Ritualistic and sometimes public confession of sins 8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc. c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Im mentally ill AS A RESULT OF BEING IN!

Well, I feel mentally drained at least.....

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The simple answer - to reinforce their own beliefs. They cannot accept that you don't believe anymore, because they then have to acknowledge that you may have some reasonable logic as to why not. So they rather say that you are leaving to justify following through with some sinful tendency, or because you are mentally ill.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I noticed the watchtarded article mentioned by Blacksheep has a very blatant lie. ( no big shocker ) It says "apostates" wanted to draw "THE disciples" after themselves. It then goes on to "reason" from this false foundation. It say,"notice the definite article." So "apostates" try to get "the disciples" from "the congregation", they assert that "true christian" Jws are the target.

Translation: Apostates come from JWS because JWism is the one true religion. Apostates targeting JWs proves it.

Watchtarded logic.....

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I agree with what jwfacts said above!

The only other alternative would be for them to admit that some people have a legitimate reason to leave. You know they're not ever going to do that.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You can just leave because it's not for you. But many won't accept this because it's a cult and the leaders want to trap members through fear.

Kate xx

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

As others have stated, it's a fear tactic. This is why you always only hear the horror stories of people who left "the truth" and fell upon hard times. You never hear the countless success stories of people who left, and moved on to better and happier lives.

• dugout
    dugout

They are so slick and its sick. They are associating apostates with socalled Christiandom believes. TRinity,hellfire and so forth. Thats not what we talk about on here. Their lying OUT right to the R&F. hOW COULD they look u in the face and say that. Another lie i always hear is that they dont discourage anyone from higher education. Oh, I know u think i'm stupid. Yes u do- when u tell me all about the pitfalls of Higher education never the positive aspects What deceivers!!!!!

DUGOUT

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

If you do well after leaving it's because "you're having your paradise now." If your health fails or you lose your job or you get a divorce or your car breaks down, it's because you left Jehovah.

They got ya covered any which way you land.

Marina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit