It's a one-word question.

by new hope and happiness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is not one piece of information in the Bible that the writers of the various books would not have known in the time, and place, in which they lived.

There is a lot from before they lived that they obviously had no idea of, and of course they never made a satisfactory predictive Prophecy, as Thread after Thread has demonstrated here on JWN.

What is even more damning for the "Bible is inspired" Brigade is that contempory knowledge held by non-worshippers of Yahweh was not even known by the Bible writers.

Despite the wriggling gymnastics of Apologists, the writers dealing with the matter of the circumference of the "Molten Sea" copper basin in the O.T had no knowledge of the true value of Pi.

• prologos
    prologos

Phizzy, the bible and its supporters deserved to be put in place , but by solid arguments, Dinos, the Deluge, but

3.14 is not a good counter argument. the .14 is the thickness of the walls, the one hand breadth.

sorry,can't link, but go to purple math on the subject. The dimension are right on, INNER and OUTER diameter, and circumference could be measured only by a FLEXIBLE line.

re: if the dino-age ideas of WT would have been right, the world would have ended in 1975

• Finkelstein
  • Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Yes, lots of 'em. Loads and loads.

• sparky1
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Searcher- yes yes yes (forgive the Sally met Harry moment)

Nessie lives!! So do Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Rumpelstiltskin, and the Easter Bunny.

FACT

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

James Brown:

if the water canopy existed that made the global flood, air pressure on the ground would be 10 000 pounds per square inch. To stop it turning to rain would require a temperature of at least 900 degrees.

If the flood happened - where are the fossils of animals exploding as pressure dropped catastrophically?

You are either a blinkered victim of the Watchtower Cult, or an ignorant fool.

Oh - and many creatures were much bigger than now because there was more oxygen in the atmosphere, so they COULD.

• prologos
    prologos

James Brown the sarcastic joker? The water canopy did not exert pressure, it was ankered beyond the ends of the four corners of the flat earth, and just as a rain bown is supported by it's two pots of gold, the canopy's weight is carried by the"turtles all the way down", or if you were Greek, by Atlas.

and if there was much more oxigen, God missed his chance do it with fire for Noah, and water at Armageddon.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The diary of Noah:- When we finally set sail we were not very sensitive to the suffering of gods creation that we left behind. But i am not pleased to say i had a moment of weakness, and questiond. Let me explain I had thought of hiding a little girl on board whom i had grown fond of but then i would be facing certain death from an all loving God.

So we set sail upon the deepest waters and it's really quite beautiful. Why should one care of those we left behind?

• GreenhornChristian
    GreenhornChristian

There was more oxygen? How do we know this? I never read that in the bible.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit