It's a one-word question.

by new hope and happiness 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

For conspiracy theorists, the "missing" evidence of their credulous alternate reality is the same as proof!

For the crowd who can't abide millions of years of Earth history devoted entirely to biological killers . . .

what do you expect them to answer?

Intellectual honesty means you are WILLING TO BE WRONG when evidence goes against preferred beliefs.

Intellectual dishonesty means you are UNwilling to follow facts.

This requires deflection.

DEFLECTION:

• Deflections used destructively serve a diversion tactic so that one’s own point of view remains unchallenged and unquestioned (by themselves, mainly)—and they are not conducive to understanding different points of view, which is necessary for developing empathy and improving relationships.
    • When someone deflects, they lay a boundary then and there. That boundary makes it so that whatever you say or do will not get through to them. That boundary may be placed for protection, or from fear.
  • sir82
    sir82

There is archelogical evidence filled away in the back of museums.

Yes, I'm sure....

Let me guess....it's a 128,000 ounce container of Wish-Bone for T-Rex salads?

• James Brown
    James Brown

Sir 82

You do know that when you go to a museum and look at a dinosaur.

That it is not real.

Do you know that?

They find one or two pieces of something and build a giant tyronasaures rex out of it,

or a brontosaurus.

I think what the museums are hiding is the giant people that were alive because of

the water canopy before the flood.

And if it is not because of the water canopy,

I still think they are hiding skeletons of giant people.

• sir82
    sir82

I still think they are hiding skeletons of giant people.

How big?

• Stealth
    Stealth

They didn't hide the skeletons of the little hobbit people. What would be their motivation for just hiding the skeletons of giant people but not the hobbit people?

• Terry
    Terry

The evidence for GIANT people is . . . where?

Hidden?

It is interesting you believe in hidden evidence for GIANT people.

You realize, don't you, ALL archeologists and ALL paleontologists everywhere on the Earth would have to agreee ahead of time

to give up instant fame and fortune in order to HIDE GIANT PEOPLE, don't you?

Does that sound feasibile? Reasonable?

If you say, "Yes," then we are no longer having a rational discussion.

If sex between two people in a private office could not be kept secret (Clinton and Lewinsky)--how they heck is GIANT PEOPLE evidence

kept under wraps?

It bogglse my mind anybody could be that naive or unwilling to base knowledge on evidence. Especially preferring

absence of evidence.

Sure, you can say: 'Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence' but where does that get you as far as proof of anything at all?

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. I think I'm reacting to my own self-awareness of how long I held out obstinately against

evolution. I just would not/could not accept it NO MATTER WHAT.

Now, I'm deeply ashamed of myself.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. I think I'm reacting to my own self-awareness of how long I held out obstinately against evolution. I just would not/could not accept it NO MATTER WHAT."

I don't know if you've realized it, but you've sort of pinpointed the problem with all Christian fundamentalist religions.

It's not that they won't budge on evolution; it's that they can't...

x

...because if they did, the entire purpose and agenda of Christianity (as they define it) becomes invalid and there's no longer any legitimate reason for it to exist.

And that is completely unacceptable to them.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I believe I have posted links above giving arguments about giants from both

a young earth and an evolutionary perspective.

I think they might both be from an evolutionary perspective.

I can not find any evidence that Johnathan Gray is a young earther

I'm not sure he is even a christian.

Michael cremo is not a christian or a young earther.

If you don't accept them that is fine.

Personally I don't care. I am like you retired with lots of time on my hands.

I don't see it making a difference in my life one way or the other.

• prologos
    prologos

OTWO seriously, in the bible story and the other joke, the cartoons, did the FALL, and not the FLOOD change the diet of the Dinosaurs, all the predators?

or where the Dinosaurs the animal equivalent of the NETHILIM and would be banned from the ark.

Angels banging animals too, producing the carnivors?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A simple answer to why dinosaurs do not exist now is because Noah didn't have enough room on the Ark, he apparently misjudged just how big

of an Ark he had to build.

Geasss... you people are stupid !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit