DO Jehovah's Witnesses "love" their enemies? Does mainstream Christianity?

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika

Terry, great post, sometimes I think 'love your enemies' might be the most ignored statement in the bible!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The most ignored statement in the bible Lalika ( in my opinion) is " forgive them they know not what they do"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if one really abhors freedom and spiritual enlightenment and loves being enslaved, then I guess one might have a good reason to hate Satan who hates communism and slavery. But, if you value enlightenment, freedom, and peace, you should thoroughly research who was in the wrong in Eden before bashing Satan.

• Terry
    Terry

IF your values are rational--why would you abandon them?

An enemy is opposed to what you hold dear!

Do you cherish kindness? An enemy prefers brutality!

Do you embrace respect? Your enemy practices contempt!

Are you a person with peace in your heart? Your enemy condones and practices violence!

What is THE BASIS for embracing a person or group who is AGAINST what you hold dear?

The most famous, and arguably, the most impractical of Jesus' teachings is LOVE thy enemy.

What IS an enemy, anyway?

Stop and put on your thinking cap!

Your VALUES determine your morality and form the framework of your ETHICS.

INTEGRITY is acting in accord with your values consistently.

By LOVING YOUR ENEMY you--in effect--renounce your values by sacrificing them.

Surrender becomes a virtue!

If you do not defend what you hold dear, you lose it.

Was Jesus forcing disciples into a no-win situation?

Was he so radical and apocalyptic as to believe passive suicide would bring on the battle of Armageddon?

Two thousand years later, another Messianic figure, Charles Manson hoped to bring on Helter-Skelter (race war apocalypse) so

he himself (Manson) would be upheld as leader over all.

Who is crazier? Is it the Son of Man or ManSon?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An example of the irrational insanity of loving your enemies ......

A group of men has come into you living abode and has killed every one including innocent woman and children.

You happen to escape this carnage but they know of your existence and are seeking you out to eventually kill you too.

You go into hiding.

Now do you love these men who are trying to find and kill you ?

If you stand to fight against these men you are not showing love are you ?

• darwin
    darwin

Terry How about hate your Mother, Father, Sister and Brother and come be my follower. Take everything you love give it up and love me. In Matthew ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit