Watchtower Dec 2014 page 4

by Mr Fool 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

Wt Dec-2014 page4: "A bulgarian woman named Irana rigthly observed, -It is not posspible to be close to God if you don´t know his name. "

If so many KNOW his name, why this debate "Jehovah vs Yahweh" then?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

because it might be jesus. everyone knows that name, who it represents, what he did, how he died and the fact that he is ruling.

its his name every knee shal bend to.

its in his name that we are saved. he died for us so that we may live.

jehovah did not.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Funny quote, what about those that abuse the name? I mean, I will stand there at attention in the hall when someone opens or closes the meeting with prayer and they repeat the name JEHOVAH as if it were a mannerism, like "uh" or "hmm" or, I don't know, "like."

If you know his name, doesn't he know it as well? Why repeat it 5000 times? If you meet the Queen, do you call her by her name? No, you say "Your Highness" or "Your Majesty" she knows who you are talking to and, guess what, so do you! God, if there is one, is not petty. If you choose to call him "frying pan" and you do it with reverance, then who's to say he doesn't accept that?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's ironic that the WT speaks of KNOWING God's name as being a prerequisite for a close relationship. Especially since God himself ( if he exists ) chose NOT to use Holy Spirit and preserve it. JWs have a relationship with Jehovah Inc.

Remember this??

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/253299/1/ANOTHER-DISHONEST-QUOTE-FROM-CHRISTS-BROTHERS

Bumped for the ever-increasing great crowd[of fading sheep].

DD

• Zoos
    Zoos

How does knowing an entity's name make a relationship possible where no two-way communication exists?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know the common usage of that thing's name. But I do not have any respect for joke-hova. That thing doesn't have any respect for me, so why would I have any for that thing?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I don't believe there is a 'God', but it would be safe to say that Jesus himself commanded his followers to use the term 'Our Father' when speaking to God. How can the JWs argue with that?? But honestly, the whole 'Name' thing is so utterly idiotic. Does 'God' sign his name as 'Jehovah' on legal documents??? JWs most assuredly think so.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Knowing a name means nothing. Knowing the person means everything (salvation).

Abraham. Issac and Jacob did not know God's personal name, but they knew the person.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

why is this bulgarian woman quoted? is she an expert? if so,what are her credentials?

evidently watchtower speak has not changed:

irana rightly observed. why rightly? because the gb say so? the gb just love affirming things without any supporting evidence.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Wt Dec-2014 page4: "A bulgarian woman named Irana rigthly observed, -It is not posspible to be close to God if you don´t know his name. "

And yet one of the first things that takes place during and after completion of the initiation (indoctrination) process of high-control groups is the loss of the person's first name (as in, no longer used).

"brother"/"sister" so-and-so. So is it really possible to know your fellow congregant if you do not use their personal first name?

In the "Meet the Mormons" video, the young man was called "elder"-only, no longer using his first name.

It's a process. Part of that process is the loss of one's personal identity and merging with the hive-mind/mentality. That's why "elder" Fields (the young man in the mormon documentary) no longer felt the need to talk alone whatsoever with the interviewer. What could be asked of him that his companions could not answer for/with him?

Oh, I don't know... how about how you were getting on after being forced to isolate yourself from your family and friends for 2 years? Are you okay? You had been crying earlier... have you settled out, figured out how to carry on from there?

JWSurvey has the video linked inside this article:
    http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/comparing-cults-the-most-effective-way-to-wake-up-a-loved-one

Lordy. Cults suck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit