2015 special talk outline-A PROMISE OF PERFECT FAMILY HAPPINESS

by suavojr 25 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I just wonder what a really "perfect" family life would be like? ....(in the fabled New World, I mean)

Would your wife become a sycophantic pleaser, as in "The Stepford Wives"? Some husbands, all right, a lot of husbands, would like that but the women recoil in horror at the thought.....Or would she be a challenging companion, able to debate scripture and concepts of life with the best of them, using her God given intellect to the full?

What would "perfect" children and teens be like? always respectful , never a hair out of place, always on time for meals and clearing their plates and volunteering to wash up? .....Like "The Waltons" only better....with no family drama , just great big smiles

YUK ..it sounds weird, doesn't it??

• SAHS
    SAHS

PERFECT FAMILY HAPPINESS”

Just think for a second what that word, “perfect,” really means. Just hear me out: There have apparently been around 20 billion people who have ever lived up until now (not including our evolutionary ancestors – that statistic, I believe, is assuming 6,000 years of human existence, as in Christianity). Now – definitely playing Devil’s advocate here, folks – let’s say that a good number of the over seven million Jehovah’s Witnesses currently alive today make it through Armageddon into the “new system” Paradise. Then, let’s say that a fairly significant number of that 20 billion or so people who have ever lived and come back to life during the “resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous” end up being faithful under Paradise and pass the “final test” at the end of the thousand-year reign of Jesus. However many people there would likely be left remaining by that time, including whatever offspring would be born during that thousand-year reign and beyond, that would be, for lack of a better expression, a lot of people.

Now, to my point: What would you say are the mathematical, statistical, logistical odds of all those people (however many that would likely be) having, not just ho-hum, not just pretty good, not just fairly awesome, but perfect family happiness – supposedly for all eternity? (Assuming that the sun won’t be doing its red giant/white dwarf thing.) Now, I don’t know about you, but I would say that the idea of many billions of people worldwide throughout all eternity having perfect family happiness, or perfect anything else, for that matter, is just a tad, well, f^@#ing retarded! (And, yes, I believe that the sun will eventually get real nasty nasty, putting the damper on perfect anything, indeed.)

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

where did the word perfect originate? what word was it translating?

where in the bible does it say we will have perfect lives in a new world?

if you find it let me know

• steve2
    steve2

Message to Watchtower writers:

Recommending people do more and more of what doesn't work to improve family life is not a helpful solution at all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes Steve2!

The definition of Insanity is "doing or saying the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome"

Witnesses have been saying the same stuff over and over...yet none of it has come true...yet they keep saying it over and over again...

Insanity?

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

(yawn)

This has got to be the most underwhelming "Special Talk" in JW history...

There is absolutely nothing "special" about it... just the same run-of-the-mill babble that can be heard from any pulpit of any religion on the planet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit