New Awake! Dealing With Mental Illness

by runForever 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• runForever
    runForever

Contains a list of 9 practical steps except they forgot one: 10. Do Not Become A Jehovah's Witness.

1. Follow the treatment prescribed
    by qualified mental-health
    professionals.
    2. Maintain a balanced and stable
    daily routine.
    3. Stay physically active.
    4. Get enough sleep.
    5. Take time each day to relax.
    6. Eat a nutritious and balanced
    diet.
    7. Limit alcohol consumption and
    drugs that are not prescribed for
    you.
    8. Avoid isolation; spend time with
    people whom you trust and who
    care for you.
    9. Give attention to your spiritual
    needs.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Can't do point #8 if people are shunning you.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

WTF has #9 got to do with it? Oh that's right, when you are vulnerable you are a prime target for a cult.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What Londo said!

What WMF said!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Notice #1 is "Follow the treatment prescribed by qualified mental-health professionals," and NOT do what the window-washer elders tell you to do!!!

• Ajax
    Ajax

Or to be in strict harmony with first century congregation - find a herd of swine and a cliff ...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, what if that "qualified(??) [Rockefeller] medical professional wants to prescribe a drug you do not need? They throw a hissy fit when people take their own medication--alcohol and weed are the most common. While those drugs are potentially dangerous, they are nothing compared to drugs prescribed in the psychiatrists' offices. Thorazine and Miltown were early drugs. Then it was Valium and Xanax. Then, Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, and Welbutrin. Now it is Seroquel. They all have major side effects that ruin your brain and your liver. They are all addictive. And they all invite angels into your soul to further damage it. Proper use of these drugs should be the shortest-acting, lowest-dose medication needed to be able to clear impasses, not long-acting drugs used to be the sole treatment.

One cannot maintain a balanced and stable daily routine when one is in field circus all the time. How common do they expect everyone to pious-sneer? Nor can one get enough sleep between pious-sneering and boasting sessions. Even just as a regular publisher, it takes too much away. When I was out in field circus two days a week plus secular work, I did not feel fulfilled in any way. Just imagine trying to do field circus all day, every day.

Spiritual needs? They do just the opposite. Do they teach people proper physical yoga? Do they teach people how to do void meditation or energy working? How many of them even know the twelve signs of the Zodiac? How many of them know which of those signs are air, fire, water, or earth? Do any of them know about lunar cycles, aside the waxing and waning moon creating varying amounts of light and tides? Do any of them know about void of course moon or planets going retrograde? How many of the jokehovian witlesses know the slightest amount about using even one of the 24 major runes? Do they even attempt to properly use the Sun mantra? Or, would they rather push all that out of their lives, pushing out any Demons that are there trying to prevent us from being enslaved, and instead focusing on field circus and that LIE-ble that is full of lies meant for human damnation?

• smiddy
    smiddy

1. Follow the treatment prescribed
    by qualified mental-health
    professionals.

A provision from" the ruler of this world" " Satans system of things."

2. Maintain a balanced and stable

daily routine

. 3. Stay physically active.

4. Get enough sleep.
    5. Take time each day to relax.
    6. Eat a nutritious and balanced
    diet.
    7. Limit alcohol consumption and
    drugs that are not prescribed for
    you.
    8. Avoid isolation;

Good advice from "Satans system of things"

" spend time with
    people whom you trust and who
    care for you."

Well that one obviously negates jehovahs witnesses ,however all the others are covered by so called "satans system of things " in a positive note ?

So on the one hand jehovahs witnesses condemn this world as satans system of things , yet on the other hand they reccomend you abide by their , the wordly peoples instructions for a better quality of life ?

My mind boggles

smiddy

• conflicted89
    conflicted89

#1 bothers me most.

Having had both counselling and medication for mental illness for the last 10yrs, I well remember being warned against the counselling.. That it was spiritually dangerous and the counsellor may try to turn me against the witnesses or even try to sleep with me. Of course this wasn't in the publications as far as I recall, but so many of my "friends" gave similar warnings that I can't help thinking it was unofficial-official thinking.

So when did they change their opinions on this? Have they REALLY changed their mind or is this point just for the public who read the magazines while the congregations hold to the original position that counselling from professionals is dangerous... it wouldn't surprise me- it would be in keeping with all the other hypocrisies.

The congregation did such a good job on me that as soon as I went into the counselling office I trusted no-one and needless to say it was useless until I managed to start to trust them. Just another case of them being seen to be caring and concerned while really undermining the help being offered and damaging the people unfortunate enough to follow the GB.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Something's amiss with that list as they forgot to list "Pray More" and "Wait on Jehovah".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit