WORLD OF XJWs - ESSAY

by Amazing 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Amazing,

Good points about the variety of personalities and experiences making up the board.

As individuals we go through things as we grow. As a group we change as we grow. New ones may join the group and effect a change in its personality, even as the loss of some will effect the entire group. I see good in most changes.

My only concern is that we are make new ones comfortable enough to join the group rather than get chased away.

The only thing I will not tolerate is intolerance.

Jst2laws

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Amazing,

Thank you for writing such a thoughtful and excellent post.

It’s interesting the various JW experiences each of us, on this discussion board, brings to the table. Yet, there is that common thread that binds our understanding of each other. I think about your life experience with the JW’s, which is very different from my own. You, yourself, becoming a JW in adulthood. And myself, being born into it and parents leaving when I was still a child. So, I have no personal adult experience being a JW. However, I lived with the Watchtower residue on my conscience for many years. If we were to encounter each other in real life, and learn of our JW connection, there would be an immediate understanding of the mark that is left on our life perspective.

It reminds me of when I meet another parent who kid has had a life threatening illness, especially cancer. There is no need to explain what it was like, we already know. To attempt to convey the experience to someone who hasn’t walked in those shoes, can be highly frustrating. I think that is why many of us come here. There is no need to go into long explanations of how surreal life in the WTS can be. Most of us know the chant backwards and forwards.

I also wonder on occasion in what way I might be different without some of the more odd, and several quite painful, situations I had to encounter, so far, in my life. When I line them up all in a row, I am amazed that I am not in a padded cell somewhere, drugged senseless, never to be heard from again.

Yet, here I am. A Housewife and Mommy. Happily married and very determined that my children will never have to witness some of the horrible things I had to see as a child. Even though, I believe those experiences gave me an enormous amount of compassion when it comes to the plight of human suffering. Especially, when it comes to children. However, if I had to live my life over, I certainly would not choose to go through them again.

I suppose for me, it’s matter of taking the lemons I have been given and making lemonade.

Andee

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Great essay.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit