Will the kingdom hall of jehovahs witnesses signs eventually come down?

by hoser 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

For many years the ostensible reason for meeting at homes for the book study was for building closer relationships(we knew our JW neighbors in the hood) and of course, so that we can more easily stay in communication during the 'great tribulation".

I think they are going to invent a great tribulation to have a good reason to rid themselves of the expense of the KH's while getting the assets. I fully expect that this will happen in the next few years. Not because I am psychic, but because I am paying attention and have been doing so for over 40 years. They are and have been playing with the minds and building up the paranoia in JWs across the board for decades. Here is the thing-even the LEAST faithful in attendance that have been indoctrinated with this stuff will likely fall into the JW way of life again if they get them falling for it again by appealing to that built in paranoia about the world. Like the Manchurian candidate-they just need to use a code word or a situation (even invented by them) to get lax Jws activated. There are plenty who believe the crap, they just aren't willing tolive it or go along with it or don't care to bother their pretty little heads with the details. Most people are not that intellectually curious. But, push the right buttons and you get things like extremists, birthers, preppers, tea parties and those border activists of various sorts.

the WTBTS has been pushing buttons for years, seeing what works or not with various crowds. People aren't that complicated. And the WT is a master of manipulation.

• garyneal
    garyneal

"Kingdom Hall" for a place of worship now sounds both antiquated and weird. I am sure it will fall by the wayside, to be replaced with what "cool" new name I know not, do they even need a name for it ?

Um, church?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

How bout "Cults are Us". Still Totally ADD

• sparky1
    sparky1

Donation Station.............ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Good one, Splash!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWdaughter - "I totally see them getting rid of KHs. Remember the video with folks meeting in a basement?"

Occurred to me, too.

JWdaughter - "They are getting their folks excited for all the coming persecution. I am pretty certain that they will create some for themselves in some sort of way."

Hype 'em up with persecution propaganda to trigger borderline extremist behavior that invites genuine "persecution" and confirms the bias, thus reinforcing their alliegance to the Org, huh?

Know what?

I could totally see the WTS trying this if they really felt like they were on the ropes.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

"Kingdom Hall" for a place of worship now sounds both antiquated and weird. I am sure it will fall by the wayside, to be replaced with what "cool" new name I know not, do they even need a name for it ?

With all their new emphasis on computers, the internet & technology and, since the religion is a false reality.......how about Matrix Hall? LOL

• designs
    designs

I noticed that the Presbyterian Church across the street from the KH changed their sign to Praise Worship. I don't know if this a new thing Church wide or just locally.

I can see the Wt. Leaders forcing a sign change and charging for it.

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

JW.Morgue sign more apt if you ask me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

nicolaou - "The Kingdom Halls will eventually be made redundant and sold off in a colossal cash grab. I'm convinced of this."

Definately could fall under the "direction that doesn't seem practical from a human standpoint" category...

...come to think of it, so does the recent "hip, cool, e-religion" faux-rebranding effort, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit