Brave Ex Elder sues over defamation over fraud claims.

by Slidin Fast 31 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

NB ) Wimbledon again ! Jookbeard used to know the Wimbledon Cong..Perhaps he will shed some light on this

This is the congregation where Michael Porter was if I remember correctly.

George

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I hope that both the local elder and the UK branch have to pay ... and more than he's asking.

• sporece
    sporece

I hope he wins but even if he doesn't at least it's out there in the news letting people know what the watchtower is only good in breaking up families.

• Laika
    Laika

I was a member of the Wimbledon congregation for about 8 months and left in June 2013. I never once met or saw this guy and have never heard of him. It says he was a member for 20 years, perhaps, but if he was he was far from regular, or I would know him. I was very surprised when I read this article on my tube ride home in the paper, as I assumed I knew everyone in Wimbledon. Jookbeard, as stated above, was in Wimbledon before me so will be interesting to see if he knows him.

Jonathan Morley, mentioned in the article is the PO or whatever they call that now.

As St. George said, the infamous Michael Porter is in that same Congregation, I knew him well.

• steve2
    steve2

Just a word of caution: Not every bit of news "against" the organization is valid in its criticism. The good news is it is before the Courts so presumably will get a fair hearing.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

There is no way I assume this dude is innocent of fraud. Yes shunning and the JWs suck, but there are JWs that get dfd for doing stupid shit.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I think the interest here is not whether he was guilty or innocent in the murky world of property development but whether the human rights issue is aired, the right to family life.

• Laika
    Laika

Jon Morley is a decent bloke, from my experience. He is very much an Organisation man but I still like him, all things considered. I would not want him to lose this case, but hope the Society has to pay out.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

If he wins he should be awarded a handsome punitive damage settlement.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hmmm...

worth keping an eye on this case.

keep us updated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit