Jehovah hates universities but loves Michael Behe

by opusdei1972 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Jehovah wants his faithful witnesses for hating the university:

University and college campuses are notorious for bad behavior—drug and alcohol abuse, immorality, cheating, hazing, and the list goes on. (w05 10/1 pp. 26-31)

What is the atmosphere in many of this world’s institutions of higher education? Are they not at times hotbeds of political and social unrest? (Eph. 2:2) By contrast, Jehovah’s organization provides the highest form of education in the peaceful setting of the Christian congregation (w13 10/15 pp. 12-16)

In other words, Jehovah regards all university campuses as a whorehouse. But, paradoxically, Jehova loves Michael Behe, who is a catholic professor in an university:

IN 1996, Michael J. Behe , now professor of biochemistry at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania, U.S.A., released his book Darwin’s Black Box—The Biochemical Challenge to Evolution. The May 8, 1997, issue of Awake! carried a series of articles under the title “How Did We Get Here?—By Accident or by Design?” which referred to Behe ’s book. In the decade since Darwin’s Black Box was published, evolutionary scientists have scrambled to counter the arguments Behe raised. Critics have accused him of allowing his religious convictions—he is Roman Catholic—to cloud his scientific judgment. Others claim that his reasoning is unscientific. Awake! interviewed Professor Behe to learn why his ideas have caused such controversy.( g 9/06 pp. 11-12)

As I see, the witness, who was the interviewer, had to enter to the campus of Behe's univesity to interview him. If so, how could the witness avoid the immorality in the campus?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sadly, he didn't. Shortly afterward, the interviewer was disfellowshipped for getting involved in several drunken orgies along the way while passing through the campus to interview Mr. Behe. The Society knew the brother stood a poor chance of making it out of there spiritually intact, but some sacrifices simply had to be made in order to interview the esteemed Professor Behe.

• LP97
    LP97

The portrayl of Michael Behe as a reputable scientist in this article is just ridiculous. He's a joke amongst the scientific community as his ideas are not based on science whatsoever. However, the WTBTS love using the authority fallacy in order to "prove" evolution is wrong because "well, all these intelligent scientist guys believe in creationism, so why shouldn't you?" It's a blatant fallacy which again goes against the idea of people thinking for themselves, in line with the rest of the doctrine of course. Michael Behe's first book argued about "irreducible complexity" that showed evolution could not happen, but then his second published in 2007 promoted the idea that the mutations in evolution were God-driven - perhaps it was "new light"? Notice how all the questions are about intelligent design and NOT creationism - and notice how in his replies he always says Darwinism rather than evolution itself. Behe is probably unaware that the WTBTS supports day-age creationism rather than his intelligent-design-God-directed-the-mutations pseudoscience.

The funny thing about the WTBTS is that they always try to portray themselves as scientific when discussing evolution yet they can't seem to differentiate between evolution, Darwinism, and abiogenesis. If they thought their ideas did hold up, why did they not interview an evolutionary scientist as well? Oh wait, we're talking about the WTBTS here...

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I like the phrase "Jehovah's organization provides the highest form of education in the peaceful setting of the Christian congregation." Now how can anyone believe that?

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I like the phrase "Jehovah's organization provides the highest form of education in the peaceful setting of the Christian congregation." Now how can anyone believe that?

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Our former director of my company received his job, in part, due to his Phd (honorary) in Divinity.

At first, I thought this was going to be awesome and we were all waiting for him to cook some up. It is one of my favorite confections. Unfortunately, it turned out that he didn't know shyte about Divinity and none was forthcoming. Didn't know much about running a company either.

Perhaps the GB should look into giving out honorary degrees as well. I've known a lot of Elders and MS that would qualify for a Phd in Psychophantics.

• MissFit
    MissFit

HAHAHAHA!!!!Lol. Loved all your posts. They really made me giggle! I cant top your witty replies.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

JWs have tents and booths all over the college and Universitys sharing their Education to the stupid worldy people!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jeannette

You should have posted that 3 times for emphasis and I would have given you a "G "

smiddy

• Laika
    Laika

My first insight into real evolution discourse was through Behe. A JW friend lent me his book, I loved it and wanted to see what the evolutionists had to say it about because I assumed they'd be silent on it, so I read some criticisms on the net which started to rock my world. I then abandoned any study of evolution for the next 6 years. Doh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit