Ireland and UK friends

by Berengaria 30 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Slough.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

qcf - yes Slough tops my list too - but seriously I would recommend Connemara in the West Coast of Ireland, the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland, the Gow Peninsula in South West Wales, Monmouthshire in South Wales, Snowdonia in Noth Wales; The Lakes District and Cornwall in England; Edinburgh, the Highlands (Glencoe and B en Nevis) and the West Coast and Hebrides Islands in Scotland...

• 88JM
    88JM

That's a good list freddo - I'd definitely recommend York as many have said - it's a very compact slice of English history and architecture all in one city, and not too far from the beautiful Yorkshire Dales to the west, or the nice coastline of Whitby and Scarborough to the east.

Also enjoyed Dublin - not too over-powering of a city like London, but very friendly people and lots to see, especially if you can get out to the beautiful countryside.

The north west of Scotland is also pretty, but then I would be a bit biased to that, seeing as it's where I currently live

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I will be serious now.

I love Oxford (the architecture, to die for!!!), Blenheim Palace, Stratford upon Avon, Warwick Castle.

The Highlands, especially around Loch Ness and Fort William, The Black Isle, Glencoe.

Cornwall, you have beautiful Padstow and the North Cornwall coasts, Port Isaac, Boscastle. In Devon, the stunning South Hams, Salcombe, Dartmouth.

And the piece de Resistance; Bracknell (also called "Sunny Brackers") when I worked there!!!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ok you kids!! I looked up Slough. I'm afraid I just won't have time this trip

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

wake up!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Berengaria ... Are you meaning "wake up" to our UK family???

I am on the Pacific West Coast. It is 8:25 PM on Monday evening.

In the UK right now, it is 8 hours difference. So it is 4:25 AM UK time. I don't think even the roosters start crowing that early. lol

LL

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Slough and Bracknell are funny places, because they are so near to beautiful ones!! You have Windsor and the Great Park, Saville Garden, Virginia Water, Henley on Thames and some lovely villages around Reading. The Isle of Wight is very quaint, especially Ventnor and Godshill. I also love the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Yes Lois I was trying to wake them up early

Thank you quelly!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

So Berengaria we are awake now - let us know your proposed itinerary so we can critique it, I mean so we can workshop it to make it perfect. You have lots of good advice here on where to visit with a heavy focus on natural scenery and beautiful architecture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit