Watchtower Takes in $2 Million Conditional Loan and Won't Return the Loan, Is it True?

by BucketShopBill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

I heard several stories of the Watchtower taking in loans and donations given by rich Witnesses who have fallen on to hard times and asked for the money back and the Watchtower won't return the money. Have you ever heard of the Watchtower only paying the money back on "Conditional Loans" once legal experts get invovled?

One of the stories that is around is a family donated a large chunk of their nest-egg to the Watchtower and the husband got sick and the Branch refused to contact him when he asked for his conditional donation back, would the Watchtower screw people out of their money? They seem like they are the type of take from their members and don't provide any tangible services!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Screwed mom out of her conditional loan. 5 figures.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The hardhearted unChristlike refusal to return mom's loan (after 100+ years of the family making LARGE outright donations) at least helped us to wake up!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Waaaaat?

References please, court documents, anything provable?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yes. I want specific facts I can throw in their slimed faces when they start cooing about lurve. Not just "Happened to me, too."

• Listener
    Listener

It isn't going to be hard very hard to try and convince someone who has already conditionaly donated a huge chunk of money into letting them keep it. They must be very gullible to start with.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Listener, you got that right! A form letter from the WTBT$ is sent to the lender when the period of the loan is about to run out asking if they want to extend the loan or forgive it. The "incouragement" is for forgivness. If they want the money back they must ask for it in writing. Gullible little old ladies like my mom checked the box saying "forgive". The society held her to it even though she was legally incompetent at the time. (I had power of attorney for her and included copies of same to the society) For those of you who want proof, well sorry. A: I choose not to out hubby and myself by posting the 3 letters he wrote to headquarters chock full of our 120 year family history with WTBT$. B: The society NEVER responded to our letters. I can't produce what I don't have. After waiting a year hubby called the desk where the only answer given was verbal. The brother on the phone aknowleged recieving the letters. He simply said, "Get her on welfare". We didn't record the convo-we were still believers at the time. We were stumbled by the cavalier answer and the utter disreguard for a generious (to them) widow in need and the financial hardship it was placing on us to pay for her hospital care.

• bohm
    bohm

What?! The watchtower ask the members to LOAN them money?!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

What would it take to wake up a couple of devout 3rd gen JW's in their late 50's whose only goal in life was to become regular aux pios-sneers??? Sad to say false prophesys and doctrines didn't do it for us. But this was enough of a slap in the face to start the painful process. For the leaders to act as if we don't even deserve the courtesy of an answer to well written, heartfelt letters helped us to realize Watch Tower is a greedy business. Why would this story need any more documentation than any other experience people cite here? Do I need 2 witnesses?? LOL We have been asked why we didn't sue them on her behalf. The answer is simple: JW's are forbidden to sue a "brother" much less the WBT$!!! We were active believers at the time. Mom is still alive and after a long process and story the State is now picking up the cost of her care.

• Honesty
    Honesty

They screwed a sister out of over $30,000 she loaned the kingdom hall to pave the parking lot.

3 months after she loaned the kingdom hall the $$$$ she received a letter from the Watchtower Society thanking her for her genorous donation.

The wicked elders sent her money to the Watchtower Society, turned around and borrowed the $$$ back from the society and tacked it onto the kingdom hall mortgage payment to the society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit