Glory of creation is still untouched!

by Pinku 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Yet here things could have been bit different. It seems those who disagreed did not read the post. What I highlighted is that “humans have never come anywhere even closer to the majesty of things in the nature--equipments humans have so far designed are clumsy and rudimentary in comparison with the things in nature.” Unfortunately, no one has commented on the essence of the posting!" -

-

"Therefore an external input is needed to sustain any closed loop cycle. So, how does the Universe thrive? Here is where Materialists bring in a STRANGE logic: There is someone [a cause] behind every equipment/device, but when something is too big as universe, there requires no Cause! [In other words, insignificant things need a creator whereas big things do not need a Creator] It’s like making a fuss about an insignificant item that has been stolen, but not being bothered at all about something very valuable that was stolen." -

-

I can't comment on the OP. Their is no logic behind the OP. Do you have data, evidence to support your statement?

-

"Can’t we see the forest rather than trees?" -

-

When this term is used in an discussion or argument is a logical fallacy and a contradiction.

Ismael

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Pinku and Patrick,

Are you "young earth" or "old earth" creationists?

I too believe Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

• Viviane
    Viviane

I too believe Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth."

Why?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The biggest lie I ever heard; "In the beginning, God . . "

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

The problem with Genesis 1:1 to 2:3 of the blible, is the affinity of the opening passage of Genesis to Enuma Elish, a Mesopotamian creation myth dated to about 1100 b.c. (Freedman 1992, 526—528). This poem, written in cuneiform on seven tablets and named for its first words, was discovered in the ruins of the library of Ashurbanipal in Nineveh. The story, now known in different renditions, opens when there is no heaven or earth. Only the male god Apsu (fresh water) and the female god Tiamat (sea water) exist. Their mingling of waters produces other gods and silt in the waters. Then a horizon separates clouds from silt, forming heaven and earth.

Much of the narrative is concerned with discord and battle among the gods from which Marduk emerges as dominant. Along the way, celestial lights are placed in heaven, and Tiamat produces fearful animals to aid her struggle against other gods. Marduk heaps up mountains and opens springs to create the Tigris and Euphrates. He creates temples and the city of Babylon, and then makes man. The work of creation is finished within the first six tablets. The seventh tablet exalts the creation and greatness of Marduk’s work.

I don't know what to say.Eexcept your god(s) is "real".

Ismael

• Pinku
    Pinku

Hi Vanderhoven7,

I will call you THE man who really understood what Shakespeare said: ‘See the forest, not the trees.’

Reading or listening is not that simple. My professor used to say:

See the word, get the meaning, get the feeling behind the meaning, get the context behind the meaning, get the significance and the resultant spark and awakening that happened in you—something which words cannot accomplish! This will not happen if you have an approach of editing (rather than listening) what you read or listen.

Now regarding your question: Are you "young earth" or "old earth" creationists?

Neither. I believe in God, the Creator (when He did creating matters not) who does not intervene in the affairs of mankind. Because man has been given the ability to become gods (to progress indefinitely) or demons (to lead lives of destruction). He never uses messengers or books, but has left the teaching to the mother Nature. For example, look at the fruit-bearing trees! You can learn great principles like—SILENTLY WORKING, COMPLETELY INVOLVED FOR THE CAUSE OF ALTRUISM AND BEAUTY (expressed in appealing colors and shape of the fruits) …. and many more. So nature teaches you simple lesson: SPIRITUALITY without religions.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Neither. I believe in God, the Creator (when He did creating matters not) who does not intervene in the affairs of mankind.

He cannot logically have created mankind and at the sametime have not intervened in the affairs of mankind.

Which is it? You don't get it both ways.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Logic has nothing to do with belief Viv, so stop trying to make it make sense.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

Pinku, who exactly was your professor? Dumbledore? In my experience educators teach their pupils to be critical of everything... prove the good and ignore the unfounded.

Because man has been given the ability to become gods (to progress indefinitely) or demons (to lead lives of destruction). He never uses messengers or books, but has left the teaching to the mother Nature.

If god does not give revelations to mankind how do you know the above? Guess work? How do you know god doesn't use books, because presumably you have no way of knowing that?

'Mother Nature' is one of the cruellest, most unforgiving, irreverent teachers one could invent - what lessons is this proposed god of yours attempting to teach?

If you attempt to answer my last question, I expect people will just ask... well how do you know as your god does not reveal anything to you?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Logic has nothing to do with belief Viv, so stop trying to make it make sense

I know, and I will never stop pointing that out so long as people are using belief and faith to tell me how to live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit