What Are Jehovah's Witnesses Known For In Helping Humanity? What Can They Brag About?

by BucketShopBill 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Catholic Churches were known for starting schools, orphanages, resthomes, hospitals along with other ideas like Universities. We can debate who started what but you will be missing the point. I know some of the best colleges were started by religion, what has the Watchtower contributed to society as a whole? I hear about these legal cases that secured religious freedom for all religions, is that really true?

Protestant and Fundamental groups are helping start "Water Projects", Cooking and Schools in Africa now, what is the Watchtower doing to make the World a better place since their inception? Seriously, I am going to have a discussion with another active educated JW and would enjoy your help so I can get to his heart, he is in to charity and does not know the Watchtower does not really do anything for the outside world. Jesus said "What good are you if you only practice good to those in your own group(JWs have problems helping their own group too). Can you advise me and will you help me when I get ready for my Judicial Committee that's coming up, my older sibling is a rat and caught my posts on JWN and told me I need to contact the Brothers, I told her to Go """ Off!

• donnye
    donnye

JW's are first on the scene of a natural disaster. They help the brothers first - rebuild homes, make sure they have food and water etc. and then they help non-witnesses. jw.org for more information

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

JW's are first on the scene of a natural disaster. They help the brothers first - rebuild homes, make sure they have food and water etc. and then they help non-witnesses. jw.org for more information

. . . . and then they collect the insurance checks

Follow the money.

Doc

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They help the brothers first

Why? Why not help the neediest first?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They say that they are first on the scene and more organized than all other groups. Truth be told- the Red Cross and others are probably first and are certainly way more organized. They say that they do a huge "education" program of the real truth and that same work offers real hope of permanent solutions to man's problems. That's their cop-out for not doing any real help now.

While they have learned to organize volunteers pretty well after natural disasters, they have also learned how to turn those same disasters into money-making events for them, reminding the congregations to only send money in times of disaster, to only send it to Watchtower and not directly to the brothers in need, and to make sure it's not earmarked for the disaster in case they can use it better for something else.

Their greatest contribution to mankind is providing excellent linings for birdcages. Their magazines probably don't need to even be cut to fit nicely.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

*Double post. Read the awesome thoughts above and ignore this post.

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

Well,

We JWs are into teaching people how to fish. Most are just into getting the fish without any effort; there are many orgs that will just enable people to keep their current behaviors; some promising heaven just for accepting 'Jesus' as their savior without any other effort on their part. That's not what the Bible teaches!

It's quite interesting watching people on their food give-out lines while having a smoke, or even drunk/high out of their skull.

Like this brother from my cong says: "The Bible says that Jesus turned water into wine, but in my case, Jesus turned wine into furniture and a home and $$$, because I learned to assume responsibility, changed my ways and the money I spent in vices I now spend it in my family and my personal needs."

Now, there's a person I find worthy of spending my time, resources and effort on.

Love it!

GC

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

In Africa there are Millions of Street Childern who can't afford to attend basic school we in the Western World enjoy from the taxation of our citizens. The Catholic Church has been making a strong effort to education as many of the Street Children as posible because they will end up having no future. Catholic Nuns and Priests, Missionaries are gathering donations and are able to educate many kids for $86 USD a year and this includes a meal that will be the only food they receive that day.

Clean Water and Cooking with new cheap technology, Fundamental Christians with other Orthodox Churches are trying to make a difference, how can you teach these Street Children to fish by handing them literature they can't read? Read through some of the Red Cross Refugee Camp stories and see how the Jehovah's Witnesses utilize Satan's tool (Red Cross) to locate their members that are receiving some food and shelter the Watchtower is not providing for their own members.

The 7th Day Adventist have the "Dorcas Ministry", was Dorcas a person who only helped Christians, oh, that's right Dorcas converted to Christianity and helped the widows and orphans of her land the Greek Bible speaks of. The following story below is about a man who is affiliated with the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, is he getting help from the "HOPE" agency from the Watchtower or another group?

Jehovah's Witnesses have a unusually high amount of people on Welfare, Disability or the Public Dole, seems a group that relies on Government Handouts would not be bragging about "giving people the means to stand on their own two feet". I know what happens in the Elders Meetings, we were taught to help Witnesses secure Government Food Stamps, Welfare and for Schizophrenic Witnesses the Elders helped them fill out the Social Security Disability forms. How is this teaching them to stand on their own two feet? Really this question has not been answered because after decades of being a free-labor-Fool for the Organization, I know we don't do anything to help Non JWs so we are just like the people Jesus addressed when he said "What good is it for you if you help those who are helping you?" or "If you invite those who can invite you in return, your just like the Nations!"

How many of you helped the Friends fill out Government Aid because the Watchtower Reps told you the Watchtower is not in a position to help anyone financially, they are there to take money, not hand it out! Yes, I am aware they collect the Insurance Checks and any surplus the Witnesses are asked to donate and if they don't they are "marked" and worked until they give all the Government Relief funds to the Watchtower without a cheerful spirit!

http://www.istoriai.info/2010/06/an-african-story/

• donnye
    donnye

How will any of this help you with your judicial committee? Is it this week?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Protestant and Fundamental groups are helping start "Water Projects", Cooking and Schools in Africa now, what is the Watchtower doing to make the World a better place since their inception?

I've had this conversation with my wife a number of times and the answers range from "We can't make this world better, the only one who can is Jesus," to something like what donnye said though I doubt what he says is 100% factual in all circumstances but it makes them sound good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit