JW's at McD's

by beckyboop 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• termite 35
    termite 35

Blues; i agree;there's no point exaggerating the numbers;any inconsistancies are jumped on so quickly and used to 'disprove' the whole issue.I too am just SO fed up with the superior attitude; especially as it is unjustified and blinkered.I can just imagine the conversations that will go on to try and disprove all this...there's got to be some backlash though;i'm so glad I told so many before I ran-perhaps they will see 'our' 'prophecies' start to happen and think!!!

• herbert
    herbert

I think the point beckyboop is making is not that there are pedophiles in the JW religion - there are, and it brings no shame on the <i>religion</i>, or JWs in general that they exist (except in the warped minds of the GB). The shame comes from how these situations are handled. That, I believe, is the point being made by beckyboop. The charge is not that there are many or few pedophiles, but when the problem emerges it isn't handled correctly. Ergo, the congregations tend to harbor pedophiles.

No one would really fault the Catholic Church had it removed pedophile priests from their positions and made sure that they were dealt with properly - although it could be argued that their celibacy rules might serve to attract pedophiles to positions as priests. Though I doubt that the celibacy rules actually cause individuals to become pedophiles.

herbert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit