JW's at McD's

by beckyboop 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a quick experience that happened to me on our way home to Providence RI from Iowa. We had stopped at a McD's in Connecticut for me ("tiny tanks") to go potty. As I was returning to the car, 2 different older gentlemen approached me with the magazines. I said, "No thanks, I don't accept literature from organizations who kick out members for blowing the whistle on pedophiles." I said it to each of them, and you could see the obvious look of confusion on their faces, and one even said "I just am offering some magazines for you to read." They just don't get it!

However, I wish I had been able to say it better, different, whatever. When those situations happen it's hard to think clearly--at least for me it is. I was shaking, excited, and exuberant all at the same time for finally being able to defend THE TRUTH to them after all the years of defending their BS to others!!!

Just wanted to share my AHA moment with everyone! Any other experiences out there?

Becky

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't think anything you could have said would have more impact than what you did say. Tues or Wed, it will all become clear to them, and I'd bet that they will look at it from a slightly different perspective than their fellow dubs.

You did good.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is easy to forget that most dubs are ignorant of things that are discussed as something common-place here. I am sure after Dateline airs, more people will bring this up in their ministry and the CO's will have to give congregations some sort of way to address the concerns raised in public.

It is sad that your average JW will end up taking the heat for the organization's mistakes once again. But maybe it will wake them up. It is still frustrating to see KH parking lots full on Sundays. Sometimes you'd just like to hit them over the head to knock some sense into them.

You did good. They won't forget what you told them.

Path

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Beckyboop:
    Lol, no really, Lol! Do they stawk you you? Remember, for example, the inscident at the chinese buffet in Lawrenceburg?
    <grin>

Bobsgirl has had similar unwarennted Whitness atacks (UWAs). Its a wonder she can go outside, at all. I mean they seem to be everywhere, her work, the grocery store, my damn living room. Eek! Run for the hills; buy a gas mask, build a shelter! (the whitness is coming, the Whitness is coming, The whitness is coming, the Whitness is coming!
    Whose gonna clean it up?

• Schibolet
    Schibolet
    I don't accept literature from organizations who kick out members for blowing the whistle on pedophiles.

What a misleading statement! So you're saying that every single person that has accused a pedophile in the congregation has gotten disfellowshipped?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Shibolet, I think what she was saying is:

I don't accept literature from organizations who kick out members for blowing the whistle on pedophiles.

How misleading of you to intimate that there is anything misleading in that statement.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Scibolet,

You asked:

So you're saying that every single person that has accused a pedophile in the congregation has gotten disfellowshipped?
    Aaannnnddd....where does she say directly or implied in her statement the "every single person"? Hmmmm?

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

D8TA

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    It is easy to forget that most dubs are ignorant of things that are discussed as something common-place here.

This is so true.
    Those witnesses who approached you a McD's are probably still scratching thier heads.
    LOL

Life sucks...get a helmet
    [email protected]
  • termite 35
    termite 35

Unfortunately i'm not holding my breath over the Dateline programme.
    I am unofficially being marked,but still called on occasionally to be 'offered' the mags. I told them that the pedophile issue was another reason i'd rather not have them.
    They replied that they knew this was coming and that they had ...

ALL BEEN TOLD TO EXPECT AN ONSLAUGHT FROM SATAN!

When I replied that the allegations were real and not just rumours they replied that while some COULD be true-it was a refining process and that the majority WOULD'NT be!How clever they are,they can predict court cases with such a degree of accuracy it makes jurors virtually unnecessary.
    they said they were ready to weather the storm,they likened it to being dragged before the law courts..but not being afraid blah,blah.
    This is in England,and the Dateline prog is'nt even on here, the GB(?)must be warning of an attack as though it's a false accusation that needs to be ignored,getting in to their mind set nice and early to get them to switch off emotionally-sick eh??

BUT WHAT CAN YOU DO???

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello Termite,

You are so right. For decades the G B has been encouraging a seige mentality and a peresecution complex so that whenever an accusation is made, whatever the grounds, the faithful will just say "AHA! There it is , we have been expecting false accusations for years, now it is starting. Armageddon must be very near"

If I did not know from my days of elders meetings and having the Society's letters, I would have never believed that child abuse could happen in the "Truth" , and neither will most of them .

Personally, believe that we must be careful not to pass on the view that the congs are full of perverts waiting to prey on children - because we should know that that is not the case; but if there is dirty laundry in the cupboard it must be brought out. They claim to be so good , lets see them live up to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit