"You can't Disfellowship me ......."

by Phizzy 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

If I ever get the threat of being DF'd I think I will say :

" The Religion I left a few years ago no longer exists, you can't Disfellowship me from a religion that I never had fellowship in !".

I know this will make no difference at all, as would whatever I said if they had made up their minds, but it would point out how very very silly the whole idea would be.

Any other ideas to briefly sum up what a stupid thing DFing is ?

Not long rambling or scriptural, just a short, sharp barb or two that we could get in before slamming the door.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

• bigmac
    bigmac

swerving off topic slightly.

back in '81 i had an affaire with a married sister--she was d'f d for this. apparantly--after it was announced-----my name was mentioned--but the cong was told i couldnt be d'f d---as i had already resigned years before. i bet that really tore the elders a new one lol.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

"Let him without sin cast the first stone."

At that point, a stone came out of the crowd and killed the adulteress stone dead.

'Mom', said Jesus, 'Sometimes you really tick me off.'

Courtesy of Bart Ehrman video.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I have wondered if anyone has turned it around and set up a JC with the elders to be given a reason of why they should stay. Huh

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

My favourite is one submitted by a contributor here some time ago -

a) refuse to attend ANY star-chamber sessions

b) write a letter to the BoE with the promise that you will sue THEM personally (not JW.ORG) for slander and defamation if they sanction your name being announced publicly from their platform as being "no longer one of JW's", as the result will be a critical attack on your human rights and a right to family life.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

IMHO and IME it is ALWAYS good practice to obtain details of and identify INDIVIDUALS in a disputed situation.

Most jurisdictions allow legal proceedings against individuals and corporations and there is nothing better to concentrate a person's mind than the the fact that he/she is PERSONALLY liable.

This was drummed home to me as a manager numerous times in relation to health & safety/equal opportunities legislation (here in the UK).

• Pinku
    Pinku

You can say:

"If I go up to the heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there.
    If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
    even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.
    I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night –
    but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
    To you the night shines as bright as day.
    Darkness and light are the same to you."
    – Psalm 139:1-12

And ask: "Into where will you disfellowship me, out of God's love?"

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Why give them any power whatsoever?

They are a joke......a mock 'authority' in a cult.

I would simply laugh at them.....a lot.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

If they show up...and claim they "need to talk", I may smile...and say "Maaaaan, if you don't get the fuck off my stoop. I don't believe in that." LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit