Goal for new service year

by Daniel1555 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

The secretary of the congregation said in a talk, what the congregation should have as goal for the new service year: Attend field service meetings!

He explained in a sad tone, that he visited all of our 3 or 4 service groups. And what happened at the field service meetings. He and his wife were alone with the group overseer and his wife LOL. No one supporting the group, and that was not an exception.

I was laughing inside and had a smile on my face.

I know the CO will not be happy at all.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

He and his wife were alone with the group overseer and his wife LOL. No one supporting the group, and that was not an exception.

Maybe they knew he was coming, and didn't want to get stuck in his car group.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Maybe they knew he was coming, and didn't want to get stuck in his car group.

You might be on to something. At least in my cong, getting stuck out in serve-us with the serve-us coordinator (or whatever they're called these days, since they seem to like changing titles for no reason) is about the worst fate there is.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

when we got married many times we met for field service at the book study arrangement at the weekend, it was rare that anyone joined us.

• hoser
    hoser

Yea maybe the guy is a real jerk and nobody can stand to be around him.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Actually the service overseer is a very kind and approachable young brother.

I think the reason is that most brothers hate field service. No wonder half of the congregation must be reminded in the middle of the month to hand in the report of the last month.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

There are too many meetings to attend already. The field service meeting is just another one to skip.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I've known many "full time" pioneers that just showed up for the meeting for service and then made 'calls'. This is a common practice - supporting the meeting arrangement with your suit and tie or dress on and then running personal errands.

When CO's are visiting, they always asks for everyone to attend the mid-week meeting before service - even if you're not 'going out'.

It reinforces the structure : what's important is how you appear to others in the congregation.

ginger

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

My goal for the noo service year is to Negative Pious Sneer.

I shall spend 60 hours a month NOT doing the door to bore misery, placing no comics, and disposing of any I find polluting the environment.

I shall wear no panties, whilst exuding an air of mystery and easy access...

• Zoos
    Zoos

Surely the men in charge of rallying the troops must see the futility of their efforts. Are they really so naive? Blind? Hopeful? Duped? Does it serve to wake them up? Are they already aware - just playing the game?

Or are they completely dumbfounded by what's happening?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit