Only 1 out of 6 JWs (and friends) visit the JW.ORG web site!

by StephaneLaliberte 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

All those obscure languages for people who can not read and without internet. Another Watchtower lie.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Those stats mean nothing. What if someone did a denial of service attack on the site? For sure, that would inflate the number of visits, because you would have several million bogus hits on the site at a time (with the goal of bogging down the server). It would only take one entity, probably in control of a botnet, to do this.

Another thing that could inflate the visit count is apostates and worldly people just researching the sheer stupidity of the material on the site. Myself, I have gone to that site just so I could see how blatantly stupid their advice is. I have listened to a few of their videos, and come to the conclusion that their god doesn't want anyone having any wealth. I have checked a few of their rags, again concluding that they want damnation for people. I do not use their advice for guidance--just to verify how stupid anyone that follows it is and what disastrous consequences await. I also check sometimes just so I can see when the Kool-Aid that attacks sex the way they have been attacking education and monetary wealth in recent years comes out. That alone could account for several visits.

If you really had even 4 million people using this for advice and guidance, plus another 3 or 4 million studying, I would expect people to be visiting roughly weekly. Even if just 40% of that number had Internet, you would get something like 12 to 15 million hits per month. And that doesn't include people looking for older rags and using the site to look up LIE-ble verses. Those activities could further buff the hit total, probably to more than 20 million. Add the number of mobile device hits while people are looking up the rags at boasting sessions or playing videos while out in field circus, and you should be looking at more than 40 million total hits.

What they really should be worrying about is how many responses they are getting. It is one thing to get many hits. But, how many of those lead to baptisms? Take a commercial site as an example--Battery Junction gets fewer hits than the jokehovian site does. However, Battery Junction has a higher number of sales per 1,000 hits than the jokehovians do. APMEX also has relatively few hits compared to the jokehovian site, but many more sales per 1,000 hits. And so do sites like Fenix, L.L. Bean, Christmas Lights Etc, and other commercial sites that offer consumer information along with viable products. Also, if you count advice that is worth heeding per 1,000 hits, Joy of Satan is far more successful than the jokehovian site--and this forum is probably bigger both in terms of hits and responses per 1,000 hits.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Hmm.... how much of the "traffic" would be reduced if you remove visits for the retrieval of the study editions used in weekly meetings?

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph
    Another thing that could inflate the visit count is apostates and worldly people just researching the sheer stupidity of the material on the site. Myself, I have gone to that site just so I could see how blatantly stupid their advice is. I have listened to a few of their videos...

Likewise. I've visited many times during a month and watched numerous videos.

I would not be surprised if a significant percentage of visitors are former JWs keeping tabs on the organisation.

• steve2
    steve2

Notice how the 2016 JW Yearbook elevates visits to JW.org and number of downloads as statistics to be heralded. Pretty understandable given that the usual "brag-a-lot" publisher statistics have flat-lined.

Hey the Yearbook even heralds the placement of so many gazillion tracts as worthy of highlighting.

Desperate for impressive statistics, JW org writers scrape the bottom of the barrel...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit