Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-14-2014 WT Study (UNRIGHTEOUSNESS)

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It was this illustration that defined the article for most people . para 10

• 88JM
    88JM

Oh yes - a poster saying "No, No, No" would really be effective

They're really trying to paint "apostates" as idiots, aren't they?

Someone at the meeting also commented how scruffily they were dressed! As if "apostates" should dress up to go on a protest?!?!

Also, what is the significance of the red-edged books in the guys hands? Is that supposed to be a different bible translation? Don't NRSV bibles sometimes look like that?

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

88JM -- haha, didn't some of the older bound volumes have red edges like that on their pages?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This comment from the 2005 awake is priceless:

Does this mean you should be suspicious of your fellow Christians? No. Nor does it mean that you should expect your friends to be flawless. (Ecclesiastes 7:16-18) However, the mere fact that a young person attends Christian meetings or has parents who are zealous in the congregation does not of itself mean that this one is a good choice for a close friend.

So according to this even people inside the congregation are not a good choice for friend ships. Lets see the world is definately bad and people inside the congregation are/could be bad. So just be a loner, withdraw from all association just to be on the safe side and stick to what ever the Watchtower Corporation tell you and you will be just fine.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• finally awake
    finally awake

look at that evil apostate woman wearing aposta-pants instead of a modest Christian dress or skirt!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

I like the one that says, "Stop Believing Everything!". Yea, that is where I am at this point.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Which is it? Either the congregations of Jehovh's Witnesses are laden and filled with bad association or they're not!!!

Paragraph 10 state: 'Today, Jehovah's people are notoften confronted with apostasy within the congregation.'

Then beginning with paragraph 14 the JW organization and the rank and file are likened to a large house that is made up of utensils for an honorable use and utensils with a not so honorable use. Throughout these last paragraphs JWs are admonished to avoid bad association of the utensils lacking honor that are found within the congregations.

Summary: Apparently the congregations of Jehovh's Witnesses are fraught with spiritual dangers!!!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Interesting warning about "apostates"... It seems that they like to pick July 15 as the issue they trot out another scary apostate article. Remember the July 15, 2011 picture about apostates anyone??

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One comment I heard yesterday was , " When I got the computer I mistakenly hit on the wrong J W site . Well! it did not take 2 lines to see that this was wrong and I turned it off immediately. I would not allow myself to see it"

I just wonder what they are so afraid of ? Is their faith really so shaky that they fear it will be lost if they read an opposing view? If they really had "The Truth" it should stand up to examination with confidence.

Perhaps they just enjoy having an enemy to be afraid of, a bogeyman that is lurking out there ready to carry them away. It reminds me of the character "Goldstein" in Orwell's 1984. He was the symbol of hate , the reason for anything that went wrong and the people loved hurling abuse at his video. Actually the middle part of that meeting yesterday resembled the "two minute hate" that featured in Orwell's book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit