News story re: Doris Nelson. How many involved are Witnesses?

by LogCon 35 Replies latest social current

• LogCon
    LogCon

Findings of fact re: trial of defendants

Dec 9 - 2013 to Dec 11 - 2011

Very curious.

Why would Defendants hire a lawyer to represent them and then order him NOT TO TAKE ANY PART IN THE TRIAL?

" ... Attorney Dillon Jackson appeared for his clients, David Dill, Kevin Dill, Lillian Dill, Tracey Dill, Robert Dill, Jr., Robert Dill, Sr., and Lilrob Ltd., but informed the Court that his clients had instructed him not to participate in the trial. The Court denied Jackson’s request to be excused from trial because trial was scheduled to begin, but allowed Jackson to participate via telephone after the first day of trial. The Court repeatedly invited Jackson to participate in cross examination of Plaintiff’s witnesses, to make arguments or call witnesses, and to respond to events during trial, but Jackson did not participate on behalf of these clients other than to reiterate their demand that he not take part in the proceedings..."

Is this similiar to taking the 5th, keeping your lawyer silent so that he couldn't slip up and cause damaging evidence to be revealed to the court?

• LogCon
    LogCon

The plot thickens.

On June 13, 2014 many of the defendants being sued by the Chapter 11 Trustee are now counter suing the Trustee and Little Loan Shop, however, this new suit not only has the original defendants suing, BUT, many new, previously un-named JW's are plaintiffs to the new suit, as well as two additional numbered companies from British Columbia. None of the Omands were on the Chapter 11 suit, but now are on the new suit. Jo-Anne Omand, Robert Omand and their children.

Just how far reaching were the tentacles of the Ponzi Scheme? Why are so many members of the same families involved? Everyone get on the band wagon and make a killing.

Strange.

Didn't Jesus plainly tell his followers " DO NOT LOAN WITH INTEREST "?

RFC Case Number: 2:2014cv00169
    File Date: Tuesday, June 03, 2014
    Plaintiff: 0702571 BC Ltd, 0720789 BC Ltd, Tirtho Ark, Arket Contractors Ltd, Diane Baker, Donald Baker, Jordan Baker, Erin Padgham Hull, Mikki Padgham Hull, Margaret Miller, Amanda Omand, Jo-Anne Omand, Joel Omand, Robert Omand, Danielle Padgham, Gary Pad
    Plaintiff Counsel:
    Defendant: Bruce P Kriegman and LLS America LLC
    Cause: 28:0157
    Court: Washington Eastern District Court
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

After all the Dill's are named, next comes... Lilrob Ltd. lol I suppose next to Bernie Madoff, the Dill's figured, their's was just a little rob ( bery ) job. Sick.

I feel sorry for the JDubs who lost their money to these swindlers. JDubs are trained not to have critical thinking skills. They are trained through abuse, that they have to listen, have to obey or they will be kicked out and lose family and friends.

LL

-----> PAKOCH. Is a BIG JW name in Manitoba. The father of the clan, Peter Pakoch, was a JW that started the Versatile Tractor Co. The father had mucho dinero. I have never heard of Penny or Rob Pakoch. Unusual name, especially among JW's.

LL

I met a Cheryl Clarke on a Society Tour from Vancouver, BC. Could be a common name.

LL

OK. Too late to edit my above post. After more reading, I found where the US Court papers saying Doris Nelson, is being accused of building a network of 800 investors, many of whom bought promissory notes assuring them of a 40% to 60% annual return. (???)

I don't want to post this, because it is so outrageous. If this were true... and I am not saying it is, because it is just wacko crazy. Only nutter's or small children would fall for this. (If the page I got this off of was correct and didn't mess up their numbers) then I take back what I said. Even if the investors were JW's, I no longer feel sorry for them being taken. This has been a ponzy scheme, just waiting to attract, naive, innocent, OK, gullible JW types.

This reminds me of when Russell or Rutherford was selling so called by them, Miracle Wheat, from the pages of the Watchtower to it's gullible members. Shameful on WT's part. Stupid on it's members for believing these liars and paying good money for overpriced regular wheat kernels. I have no idea why no one sued them. Intimidation?

LL

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

These interest rates seem outrageous but it's not uncommon among "Bridge Loans" to demand a high interest rate 15% for 90 days or less is common among firms like these. In China they have "Shadow Banks" that loan money at 33% for 6 months 66% per annual rate for business who really need the money, we use to call this "Loan Sharking" in the United States.

Bridge Loans are used when a bank is holding out on giving you the money and the owner of the asset wants cash now so you head down to a Bridge Loan agency. JWs should have known how evil that arrangement is, Islam teaches you are not allowed to demand interest from good muslims, there are mutual funds by Amana that seek to do business with firms that don't overcharge others to do business and their funds did pretty well.

A new company recently emerged that's kind of weird, read the information on this company that charges high rates. There was one of the huge ponzi schemes out of New York that was a Bridge Loan company that milked investors out of $250 Million while the CEO was gambling with the Futures Market and Stocks trying to make some money to create the illusion he was a Hedge Fund or Money Manager when basically he was just a crook who stole cash from retirees.

There's a former Witness who does a lot of financial planning for JWs and he can't believe you have JWs showing up at age 58 asking "What can you do to help me catch up, I have $8,000 and the Dow and Nasdaq are up and I don't think I will have enough money for retirement, what do you think?" How can you reason with JWs who have no pension, any retirement vechiles and teach "The End is Nigh" or "Who Me Worry With Retirement, There's Alway's Welfare or Medicaid!"

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=loan&ql=1

• LogCon
    LogCon

Consider the financial devestation of the defendants, who now have to pay the piper. Good times with $ rolling in is over. Doris Nelson heads directly to jail and does not collect $200. The defendants above, now are in the Trustee's gunsights.

So, the bad news has already come to some.

Example # 1. Paul and Dianne Cooper have a judgement awarded against them of $2,799,426.00 PLUS $59,207.86 per annum since 2009, PLUS costs etc. From this kind of debt it is impossible to flee. No bankruptcy protection for them. Unless they have a great deal of money or assets to liquidate, this will stick to them for a very long time. It may suck up everthing they have and leave their children with nothing. Death may be the only escape. The funny thing about people who make easy money is that they rarely make wise investments, thereby increasing the value, like the wise slave. Usually big money in leads to big money out on extravagances, luxuries and frivolous spending. We do not gloat over their misfortune. It must be viewed as a very strong and striking lesson for the rest of us.

1. Plaintiff, Bruce P. Kriegman, solely in his capacity as court appointed Chapter 11 Trustee for Debtor LLS America, LLC, is hereby awarded Judgment against defendants Paul and Diane Cooper, jointly and severally, as follows: a. Judgment $2,799,426.00; b. Plus prejudgment interest from July 21, 2009 to January 21, 2014 at the federal rate of .47% per annum $59,207.86; c. Plus taxable costs in the amount to be determined by the Court; d. Plus post-judgment interest from the date of Judgment until fully paid at the federal rate of 0.13% per annum (28 U.S.C. § 1961);

Example #2

1. Plaintiff, Bruce P. Kriegman, solely in his capacity as courtappointed Chapter 11 Trustee for Debtor LLS America, LLC, is hereby awarded Judgment against defendants Robert Dill, Jr. and Tracey Dill, jointly and severally, as follows: a. Judgment $410,201.55; b. Plus prejudgment interest from July 21, 2009 to January 21, 2014 at the federal rate of .47% per annum $8,675.76; c. Plus taxable costs in the amount to be determined by the Court; d. Plus post-judgment interest from the date of Judgment until fully paid at the federal rate of 0.13% per annum (28 U.S.C. § 1961);

Example #3

1. Plaintiff, Bruce P. Kriegman, solely in his capacity as courtappointed Chapter 11 Trustee for Debtor LLS America, LLC, is hereby awarded Judgment against defendants Robert Dill, Sr. and Lillian Dill and LilRob, Ltd., jointly and severally, as follows: a. Judgment $930,184.65; b. Plus prejudgment interest from July 21, 2009 to January 21, 2014 at the federal rate of .47% per annum $19,673.41; c. Plus taxable costs in the amount to be determined by the Court; d. Plus post-judgment interest from the date of Judgment until fully paid at the federal rate of 0.13% per annum (28 U.S.C.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This was in 2011.. I have found no recent news. this website from a law firm is relevant though

http://www.ponziclawbacks.com/2012/10/02/doris-nelson-operated-little-loan-shoppe-as-massive-ponzi-scheme-according-to-indictment/

• sir82
    sir82

many of whom bought promissory notes assuring them a 40 percent to 60 percent annual return.

Many were members of the Jehovah’s Witness denomination.

This is, unfortunately, exactly what you can expect from members of an organization that demonizes education and critical thinking skills.

• LogCon
    LogCon

Lois Lane... said, " ...This has been a ponzy scheme, just waiting to attract, naive, innocent, OK, gullible JW types."

Let's not forget - GREEDY !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit