Two more quitters!

by apocalypse 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Ok. The two quitters showed up at the kringedome hall. Apparently sat through the 'apostobash' and undoubtedly endured 'the evil eye' staredown from the dubb klan. My question is, what the hell are they thinking?

I have no idea what the motivation of these two were in attending the meeting, but I've also thought what would happen if you disassociated yourself, or were DF'd for apostacy, yet continued to attend meetings. I can only imagine what would be going through the "friends'" minds every time you walked through the door and took a seat. I think it would really rattle the nerves of many, knowing an apostate was "in their midst" at all their meetings. Would they fear the Holy Spirit TM would leave the hall?

I imagine a couple like this, sitting together during the 'apostobash' WT, rolling their eyes and quietly snickering at every "cultish" comment read from the WT, or said from the stage.

Another scene in my head is where 1 spouse becomes an "evil apostate", yet continues to attend to rub it in the face of everyone there that s/he is actually a loving husband/wife/father/mother, and not some beard-wearing, horn-growing demon.

It's a "public" meeting, and to the best of my knowledge they can only "rescind" their public invitation if you are causing a true scene (trying to interrupt the meeting, threatening violence, etc.).

I'm sure many here would not be able to stomach such an approach, but personally I would find it quite interesting to see how the local brothers would struggle to address such a situation.

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

Interesting. I've had similar thoughts in the past. They went to another meeting this week. Looks like they are trying to get re-insaned-ed...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit